XC-780 cpu fan replacement

Options
feroxy
feroxy Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi

I have an XC-780 (core i3) here with a cpu fan that will no longer spin. I have tried changing fan header, wiggling, reseating - but no go. I'm assuming it is dead.

Does anyone know what fan would be a suitable replacement?

thanks

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,530 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Usually sold in a heatsink package. Google search the part nos. DC.10811.012 or DC.10811.016 for vendors who ship to your location. About $25usd.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Usually sold in a heatsink package. Google search the part nos. DC.10811.012 or DC.10811.016 for vendors who ship to your location. About $25usd.

Jack E/NJ

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Options
    feroxy

If your computer is in warranty you can contact the warranty dept.     Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.   On the new page - scroll down -  click on "contact support".  Scroll down.  You can find the phone no to contact the warranty dept. 

If it is out of warranty, please contact local store or

Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.   On the new page - scroll down -  Click on  "Repair My Acer" - Request to have your Acer product repaired.   There will be charges for repair. 

Additional info to contact Acer Store:  Please visit the website - support.acer.com - chose your country - click on shop.   You can buy desktop, laptop, monitor and accessories.  Alternatively,  on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.   For the parts which are not available on Acer store, you have to contact local store.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• JackE
    Options

Jack E/NJ

• feroxy
    feroxy Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thank you both.
    PC is not in warranty any longer, but I'd be quite comfortable replacing the fan myself anyway. Unfortunately, im not seeing any suppliers of this part in the uk. I don't suppose a standard 80mm fan (notcua possibly) could be affixed to it?
  • JackE
    Options
    If the volt-amp specs on the blade rotor label are the same, it should work.

Jack E/NJ