Do Spin 3 (SP314-53N) styluses eventually stopped working

Options
Niklr
Niklr Member Posts: 2 New User
Hello. I've been using my stylus pen for 2 years now, for art, and recently it's not working properly. It keeps dying every second I use it, even when I'm not using the stylus for hours or days or give it time to charge when I'm drawing. It still works yes, but it keeps dying. I assume its battery life is decreasing or that the nib is now broken/worn out and it needs to be replaced. 

I've been searching to see what's wrong but the Spin 3 is rarely talked about.
I've been considering on finding a replacement too but so far nothing available that is compatible to my model.

Answers

• Jeyam
    Jeyam Member Posts: 348 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi @ Niklr 

Uninstall the device then restart and let Windows reinstall it. That usually fixes the issue.

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @Niklr,

Most active stylus pens automatically deactivate after a short time without use, to save power. Improper storage while not in use can cause battery drain. Store the stylus flat with no pressure applied to the tip or buttons.
  • omahawk
    omahawk Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I am having the same problem except my screen does not even recognize the pen. I uninstalled HID Compliant Pen from the device manager, restarted and still nothing. Is there some diagnostic that can be done or some setting that got turned off?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Have you been storing the pen in it's dock on the Spin? That's where it charges...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.