How do I link a sata ssd 2.5 to power supply? (acer tc 1660)

Luke9555
Luke9555 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

I have an acer tc 1660 (i5 11400f, gtx 1650, 512 ssd) and I'm trying to add a samsung 850 evo that I already have (2.5 ssd). I understand that I need a normal sata cable for data, but what cable do I need to connect it to power? Is there an adapter for the original pc power supply? I read that this pc has a non standard power supply and I don't want to fry my ssd. Sorry for my terrible pc knowledge, every little help will be appreciated!!! Thank you in advance

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The SATA power cable is Acer part number: 50.VQED3.001. There are two connectors on the motherboard (#6 in the diagram) that can each drive two SATA devices. If your system came with an ODD installed you might already have the second connector.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    The SATA power cable is Acer part number: 50.VQED3.001. There are two connectors on the motherboard (#6 in the diagram) that can each drive two SATA devices. If your system came with an ODD installed you might already have the second connector.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Luke9555
    Luke9555 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

billsey said:

Thank to you I solved in 2 mins for free using the ODD connector. The SSD is working perfectly fine. Thank you for the amazing answer, this kind of support is excellent. Thank you!! 
  • billsey
    edited March 2022
    You are welcome, glad I could help.
  • Adi81111
    Adi81111 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi billsey,

I am having a hard time connecting my Seagate Ironwolf Pro to this motherboard. I can't find the power cable. Any suggestions on how to solve the issue? Can I use ATX12V 4pin maybe? CAnt find the cable for data power connector (No6) to Sata Power Receptacle

• billsey

#6 in the above motherboard picture is the power connectors for the SATA drives. Each of those connectors can power two drives. Search on the part number to find extra cables if you need the second one installed.