Bluetooth on Nitro 50-110

Options
smore02
smore02 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited March 2022 in Windows 11
Tech specs says my Nitro 50-110 has bluetooth but Windows 11 device manager doesn't show it exists. Not under Bluetooth or Network Adaptors.

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,780 Pathfinder
    Options
    @smore02 can you post the screenshot of the device manager and also another one with the network adapters section expanded.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • smore02

Tinkerer

Options
    Trust this is what you were asking.
  • AnhEZ28
    Options
    @smore02 I see. The Bluetooth device is in one of the unknown devices lists in the other devices section. https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/8115?b=1
    Go to this website and download the Bluetooth driver with the Intel vendor and also the chipset driver. 
    To also fix the unknown devices that have a yellow triangle, go to Windows Update and turn on Receive updates for other Microsoft product in advanced options. Check for updates again and it should starts installing the missing driver.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
  • smore02

Tinkerer

Options
    I have d/l the drivers you mentioned. The chipset driver install crashes as it looks for Radeon when this computer came with Nvidea. The Intel Bluetooth driver eventually leads to the included screenshot. I did follow the advanced options advice which did install a couple of items, none of them Bluetooth. So end result is I still can't get Bluetooth on my computer.

• AnhEZ28
    Options
    @smore02 okay, you can try downloading from the Atheros vendor. Install for the CSR8510 A10
  • smore02

Tinkerer

Options
    Did that already but still a no-go. Maybe something wrong with the hardware but have no idea how to check that.

• smore02

Tinkerer

Options
    I have a CSR 4.0 bluetooth dongle which is the CSR8510A10 but that won't work either.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    You don't have Atheros Bluetooth, you have Intel. Your screen shot shows the Intel 7265 adapter card. You need to download and install the Intel Bluetooth driver and install it. Once those unknown devices are no longer showing you can use Intel's driver assistant to upgrade both the Bluetooth and Wireless to the latest versions.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • smore02

Tinkerer

Options
    Sorry, billsey. That didn't work either. I get an error message saying it found drivers but couldn't install them. I bought a new 5.1 Bluetooth adapter, loaded its drivers from the disk, but got this same error message. Why won't the (bleep) accept drivers? Is it the Windows 11?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Try the drivers directly from Intel, first remove the device from Device Manager then do the install, then reboot.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,968 Trailblazer
    Options
    smore02 said:
    Sorry, billsey. That didn't work either. I get an error message saying it found drivers but couldn't install them. I bought a new 5.1 Bluetooth adapter, loaded its drivers from the disk, but got this same error message. Why won't the (bleep) accept drivers? Is it the Windows 11?

smore02 it looks like you have allot of drivers not installed for “Other Devices” in DM, uninstall all the wifi and bt drivers (also go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and uninstall all the Intel Bluetooth related drivers there too, reboot and then install the Intel Driver & Support Assistant and do a scan of your system and update all the Intel drivers to the latest drivers for your system and the wifi/bt card which should take care of the “Other Devices” in DN.,

As you have shown from your DM caption, your wifi and bt card is the Intel AC7265 wifi/bt card which the Intel Driver & Support Assistant should update and your card should work, otherwise open the case and look at the card, take it out, clean its terminals both at the card and at the mobo plug and reseat the card and try it again.

Btw, Bluetooth is very problematic with Win-11 and with Intel cards as I’ve so frustratingly found out as I’ve always used the Qualcomm Atheros (maybe change the card to an Atheros as that is another option that comes with the N50-110?), I just got a new Nitro 5 AN515-56 with the Intel AX1560i wif/bt card and it does not work with any new updated Intel Bluetooth drivers for Win-11 and only works with the OEM Acer Intel driver but the new updated wifi Intel drivers work perfectly, which is a mystery? As I’ve got two different drivers for Bluetooth and wireless?