SATA power cable for add-on Hard Drive TC390 ER11

RONCARIOCA
RONCARIOCA Member Posts: 42 Troubleshooter
edited January 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
I see so many questions about how to connect SATA power to an add-on HDD on an ACER desktop .  The motherboard (ATX12vVO supply)  has the SATA connector but lacks the cabling to add expansion devices. Cable  50.VQXD1 is mentioned as a possible solution, but ACER support knows nothing about this part number and does not have a clue on how to resolve the issue.  Why is ACER so cheap and makes things difficult ?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• RONCARIOCA
    Follow up : I have an TC390 ER11: there is no easy to find  and inexpensive cable to be able to get SATA power to an add-on SATA HDD from the motherboard. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,186 Trailblazer
    edited January 2022
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer
    Yes, you were just using a partial part number for the cable... That is likely why support didn't know what you were asking for.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • RONCARIOCA
    Thanks, I finally managed to break through all the red tape and got connected to someone at ACER who gave me the correct number as 50.VQXD1.007 as you found out. It took me hours and days to reach the right person. So I ordered directly from ACER here in North America. Also complained about how cheap they are to sell a 512 SSD Desktop without giving me a cable to expand to a HDD.
  • JoeFam
    JoeFam Member Posts: 5 New User
    You can also purchase the 50.U96D1.002 cable that gives you 2 additional SATA power connector.  Can be found on eBay 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133108552528
  • GonzoX450
    GonzoX450 Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter