XV272UV Firmware Update - Refuses to see USB connection

Cyberfybrous
Cyberfybrous Member Posts: 5 New User
Hi, just got my XV272UV monitor.
I'm trying to update the firmware.

I'm using the supplied USB Type-B cable.

As per the Userguide for the Firmware Upgrade Tool I'm instructed the following below, yet I get nowhere. The tool tells me Device Not Found and setting below doesn't show up as an option.

All my USB ports are fine. Have tried several different ones. Tried rebooting and all - still nothing.

Help

Answers

• Cyberfybrous
    Okay, maybe a better question.

Is a DisplayPort Cable usually necessary in order to carry out a USB Connection to the PC?

Using HDMI and will soon pick up a DP cable anyhow for future use and to make the best of this monitor. 

thanks
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    The DisplayPort has nothing to do with USB. The USB connection is either to the USB hub on some models using a USB-B/USB-A cable or through a USB-C connection.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Cyberfybrous
    billsey said:
    The DisplayPort has nothing to do with USB. The USB connection is either to the USB hub on some models using a USB-B/USB-A cable or through a USB-C connection.
    Thanks, I figured as much. Only brought it up after seeing other posts elsewhere with folks making references to it as if it was somehow a requirement for this model.
  • billsey
    What confuses a lot of people is many of the models don't have the USB hub installed, so can't be updated at home. Those have to go back to a factory service center for a firmware update... And you can't tell which model it is with just the series number XV272UV.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Cyberfybrous
    billsey said:
    What confuses a lot of people is many of the models don't have the USB hub installed, so can't be updated at home. Those have to go back to a factory service center for a firmware update... And you can't tell which model it is with just the series number XV272UV.
    Why would it have a Type B USB along with four USB ports (aka hub) along with specific instructions IF they weren't for use?
  • Cyberfybrous
    Sorry, tried to edit my response in time but I didn't make it.

Re-reading the whole thing I realize you weren't making a reference directly at me when mentioning the confusion over models. 

Regardless, it's all been rendered moot since I've found the brightness option in Windows 11 to be quite something. Now, at times, the screen's too bright. Whilst using HDR-400 that is.

But it still nags me a little that the Type B won't connect. 
  • billsey
    The the type B is installed on the monitor, it is one of the SKUs that has the USB hub installed. Do the hub ports work when it's connected to the PC? if so it should have worked for the firmware update, as long as the firmware was for the right model. I think there are a lot of W11 drivers that aren't quite up to snuff yet, especially the video drivers...