Laptop or Tablet for custom use case?

Sheikh_imran_sh
Sheikh_imran_sh Member Posts: 1 New User

I have a kind of unique use case, I need about 5 pieces of hardware to access a custom web application and I'm in the process of researching my possibilities.

My main problem is being on a quite low budget ($150-250) and that because the only thing the device would be used for is accessing a mid/high grade web app, so essentially, running a browser, I do not need other resources provided by given device, like a good camera or lots of storage.

The most important properties would be...

• a clear and rather big display (min. 10 inch maybe?)
  • enough RAM for the browser to not lag, freeze
  • long battery life (it might be used where power is not directly available)

Comments

• NoorPari76
    NoorPari76 Member Posts: 1 New User

Here is a laptop/tablet convertible that has pretty good specs for the price. It only has 64GB of storage, so it really will be just for web applications, but it has enough storage for Windows updates. The display is where this laptop excels. It is a full HD (1920x1080) 11.6 inch touchscreen display, which you will not see on many budget laptops. In my experience, the speakers on the Gateway laptops are subpar, but the headphone jack should fix this. It is also in Windows 10 S mode, which you can replace with Windows 10 Home for free. It even has better IO than a $1500+ MacBook Pro, so that's a plus ;).

I wouldn't bet money on it, but I have seen in some cases the new gateway laptops have an extra RAM and M.2 SSD slot. I haven't used a 2 in 1 Gateway laptop, however, so don't buy it for this reason. If the stock specs aren't good enough, don't expect to be able to upgrade it.

I'm not sure how exactly how long the battery would last on this laptop. My Gateway laptop over 5 hours on a charge, but mine isn't a 2 in 1.

I would highly recommend doing your own research in addition to mine as you know exactly what you are looking for. Don't just take my word for it.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    edited January 2022
    Might consider a 14- 15" Chromebook for just a browser, inexpensive and can use chrome or Firefox.
    I have had good luck with a number from Acer Refreshed. Is an easy down load of various flavors or Linux which is great for developing.