My microphone stopped working. Any ideas?

LvilleMike
LvilleMike Member Posts: 1 New User
My internal microphone stopped working.  I have done trouble shooting with Microsoft and Acer and gone through all steps of deleting and reinstalling drivers for going on 2 hours and it never works.  Even if I connect with my wireless headphones there is no input sound recognition. I suggested to the support team that it could be hardware but they want me to send in the device for repair (device is only 6 months old) and I cannot afford to be without it for weeks.    Has anyone experienced an input microphone failure.   I am hoping there is something minor that I am overlooking.  

Comments

• My internal microphone stopped working.  I have done trouble shooting with Microsoft and Acer and gone through all steps of deleting and reinstalling drivers for going on 2 hours and it never works.  Even if I connect with my wireless headphones there is no input sound recognition. I suggested to the support team that it could be hardware but they want me to send in the device for repair (device is only 6 months old) and I cannot afford to be without it for weeks.    Has anyone experienced an input microphone failure.   I am hoping there is something minor that I am overlooking.  

Which Acer model number do you have? Reading that you have taken most of the steps to diagnose a faulty mic It’s very hard to advise you just on "My microphone stopped working" as it must be a hardware or an internal connection issue, which needs for your laptop to be opened and inspected and the mic wires and actual mic diagnosed which is covered by your laptops Acer warranty but, if you open your laptop your warranty will be voided, you can't have it both ways as there is no magical wand that will fix this issue.

• Unkn
    Unkn Member Posts: 138 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Tell if this helps
    Solution ( If your wireless headphones work but mic dont )
    First go to Realtek audio Console>AnalogNow click the option and change to headset
    Now restart pc

Solution ( if you connect mic and you get notification "which device are you using" )
    just get rid of the app by uninstalling it
    Idk your issue.
  • OhBazza
    OhBazza Member Posts: 20 Networker
    Check these settings. i had the issue the other day attaching an external mic. sorry for the fuzzy photo.

discord had shut off my microphone access to all apps mistakenly when i tried to revoke permissions of sites having access to it through brave browser.. (yes if you check site permissions alot of them want access to your microphone its super odd)

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @LvilleMike,

May I know the full model name of your unit.