Gaming Laptop Thermal Solution

Options
hivoltagedan
hivoltagedan Member Posts: 1 New User
With the debut of the RTX 30 Series Mobile, gaming laptops are facing some big issues. The biggest limitation that they face is thermals, which limit the wattage a gpu and cpu can handle in a given chasis. In order to handle a new RTX 30 Series mobile gpu in its most potent form, more laptops should utilize a 2 in 1 design. It has been proven with various products (Asus Mothership comes to mind) that having the gpu in a vertical position where fans have open access to fresh provides significantly better cooling.  If you were able to set up your gaming laptop in tent mode (this would likely work best with a secondary screen on the outside of the device so the fans faced outwards) then thermals would drastically improve, and you could run your gpu with greater wattage. 
Does anyone else want a 2 in 1 gaming laptop? I'd personally like to see 15in and 17 in models available. 

Comments

• OhBazza
    OhBazza Member Posts: 20 Networker
    Options
    the keyboard does get awefully hot sometimes when i put the nitro 5 under 100% load. i agree something should be changed about that because nobody likes playing with a hot keyboard haha. although ive since bought a 5 fan cooling stand for my laptop thats super portable and fits right in my laptop backpack, plugs right into the usb on the latop also and has 3 usbs in it so you dont lose a plug. it barely gets over 58Cwith it on although my wrist sometimes gets cold aha. but its pretty awesome considering it used to run around 80C while having it mining crypto currency (testing a command miner i wrote) imagine if acer just created an attachment for the bottom of specific laptops as an addon that was like this fan stand but included it with gaming laptops free of charge. *hint hint* haha