How to resolve windows key issue ?? my windows key not working

lushank
lushank Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

:'(  Recently I reset my win 10, however windows key working fine , but after few days it stopped working .

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    In built keybaord or using a USB one? 

If you head to here: 
    https://unixpapa.com/js/testkey.html

Click into the text box, does it show the keys being pressed? Should show a key event of 91
  • lushank

Tinkerer

hello leostat, inbuilt keyboard, in the above link it shows keycode as 179 when pressed windows key. charcode as 0 and which as 179. thank you
  • Leostat
    Say whaaaaaaaaa how bizzar!, thats a tad odd as there is nothing on that key value. What language is the keybaord in and do you have anything like macro sfotware or autohotkey?
  • lushank said:
     :'(  Recently I reset my win 10, however windows key working fine , but after few days it stopped working .

You should have a Microsoft Account as that is how its activated with your key automatically. Read the Microsoft Activate Windows as all the activation options are explained there. 
  • Leostat
    Wait that's a good point, I assumed windows key as in the windows buttong in your keyboard 

Do you mean windows key as in license key ?
  • lushank

Tinkerer

Hello Leostat , language English India , I tried to change the language but it didn't solve any issue.  :/ . How to check if i have autohotkey ?
  • lushank

Tinkerer

StevenGen said:
    lushank said:

You should have a Microsoft Account as that is how its activated with your key automatically. Read the Microsoft Activate Windows as all the activation options are explained there. 
    it says windows is already activated, if you could look at the screenshot.
  • lushank

Tinkerer

Leostat said:
    Wait that's a good point, I assumed windows key as in the windows buttong in your keyboard 

Do you mean windows key as in license key ?
    I meant for Windows Key button in keyboard of Laptop .
  • Leostat
    Humm, tad odd as any lang should work if windows isnt complaining about it. If you open the on screen keyboard does the windows key work on that? 

It may be worth trying the keyboard troubleshooter, if you open the start menu and type find and fix keyboard problems. 

Things like auto hot key would only be there if you installed it
  • lushank

Tinkerer

Leostat said:
    Humm, tad odd as any lang should work if windows isnt complaining about it. If you open the on screen keyboard does the windows key work on that? 

It may be worth trying the keyboard troubleshooter, if you open the start menu and type find and fix keyboard problems. 

Things like auto hot key would only be there if you installed it
    yes windows key work on , on-screen keyboard. 
    I have tried troubleshooter but it detects no problem.
    No i haven't installed auto hot key.
    Some of the screen shot , you may wanna look.
    Thank you.
  • Leostat
    I will be honest im not sure what to suggest, my guess is either the mapping for the key is broken in the language pack, or something weird is jamming the keybaord key (such as windows game mode) , apart from trying a live boot cd or re installing not sure what else to suggest :(
  • lushank

Tinkerer

Leostat said:
    I will be honest im not sure what to suggest, my guess is either the mapping for the key is broken in the language pack, or something weird is jamming the keybaord key (such as windows game mode) , apart from trying a live boot cd or re installing not sure what else to suggest :(
    Okay 👍 thank you. no problem.
  • Marrakech747
    Marrakech747 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have this problem on my brand new Acer Nitro and worked my way through suggestions on various forums - turn off game mode in Windows 10 settings, check keyboard settings on Nitrosense, go into registry (though didn't try that one, I don't know what I'm doing!) All I have succeeded in doing is ensuring I get a letter D whenever I click Windows D shortcut for desktop ! There must be a simple answer somewhere ....
  • lushank

Tinkerer

I have this problem on my brand new Acer Nitro and worked my way through suggestions on various forums - turn off game mode in Windows 10 settings, check keyboard settings on Nitrosense, go into registry (though didn't try that one, I don't know what I'm doing!) All I have succeeded in doing is ensuring I get a letter D whenever I click Windows D shortcut for desktop ! There must be a simple answer somewhere ....
    i updated my windows 10 home to win 10 pro. Even though it was not working for some days. But after 2 days it starts working (both menu and windows key)