AN515-54-742F out of warranty laptop keyboard problem how to solve

Options
subho93
subho93 Member Posts: 3 New User
I purchased device in 2019 and it's currently out of warranty. I have been having this strange issue where my laptop doesn't boot on hitting power key but pressing/holding space bar, caps lock, tab sometimes boots up the machine and once you stop holding the jey it shuts down. Sometimes even on holding other keys the keyboard lights up and the processor light comes on but as soon as I leave the key it goes cold.

Can anyone advise what might be the issue and how to solve it? Since it's out of warranty I don't trust the service centers in Kolkata as numerous complaints of damaging other parts and replacing good parts with faulty ones are rampant. I dunno what to do. Plz help.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @subho93,

Are you getting any light indication when charger is connected.
  • subho93
    Options
    Easwar said:
    Hi @subho93,

Are you getting any light indication when charger is connected.
    When charger is connected orange battery light glows then when I press and hold caps lock or tab key the blue light comes on and bootup starts but as soon as I leave the key it stops
  • subho93
    Options
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You may need to replace the keyboard:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)