BIOS update question for Orion 3000 PO3-630 about RO1-A1 BIOS version

JunkBondTrader
JunkBondTrader Member Posts: 6 New User
edited November 2021 in Predator Desktops
Hello, My new PC has been having a few weird USB and peripheral issues. Like, sometimes the mouse will move, but click doesn't work. Thermals are reading incorrect temps for CPU. And explorer keeps crashing. Sometimes the process doesn't recover and straight up tells me to power PC down manually. I noticed in the drivers page on the ACER site, there was a BIOS update released in August (R01-A1). In System Information, I noticed that my BIOS is also the R01-A1 version, except the date for it is in March, several months earlier. Is this the same BIOS version that I already have? Or can there be multiple updates for the same BIOS version? Thanks so much.

Answers

• Is correct. The date mentioned on the acer website is the date the files were uploaded to the servers. This date is different from the creation date of the file. Now, about your problem, are there any drivers with device manager issues?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JunkBondTrader
    Thanks for the reply. No, there aren't any problems showing up in device manager. I am getting lots of USB interruptions though. New Battlefield running at 45 fps on lowest settings. When I turn off turbo boost, it's choppy, but the cpu and gpu hardly get utilized. Turbo boost on, the CPU shoots to 100C almost immediately. It idles at either around 35 or 65, seems random. This model has 3600 ti and i7 10700. Also PredatorSense CPU temp newer goes beyond 35 C, so that is clearly incorrect. Maybe a thermal sensor issue? Because the fans also don't throttle up on auto mode under heavy load so I'm forced to leave them on max. And then there are occasional terrible sounds coming from I think either the CPU or CPU fan, a grindy buzzy noise. Windows Explorer crashes randomly sometimes when idling. And it wont recover half the time, forcing my to hard restart. The GPU isn't being fully utilized. Can a single issue even cause all these problems? Feels like a lot is wrong. I opened up a return ticket. I may send it in unless you had some ideas for me to try. Thanks again!
  • JunkBondTrader
    Oh, nevermind. Don't want to waste your time. I figured it out, thankfully.

For anyone with PO3-330 issues... For me, the problem I think was with predator sense. The fan wouldn't throttle up, for it showed CPU temp as constantly around 35. I unistalled it, and reinstalled it and that did nothing. Reinstalled windows (kept personal files), and then noticed Predator sense didnt reinstall with windows. I think this is some error caused my me uninstalling it. So I reinstalled the verison from Acer website, and used the version for the Po3-330 of course. And then just like that, it started reading the CPU temps, and the fans auto throttle, and GPU is now singing! I still think there is some thermal monitor hardware issue, as my CPU temp still reads suspiciously low, around 51 after playing BF 2042 on high settings. But no throttling in any case. I also reversed the rear case fan on day 1, which seems to have helped a bit with temp.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Good to hear! It does sounds like an issue with the PredatorSense install or configuration then. I know we've seen in the past issues with PS if the mouse and keyboard are connected to USB 3.0 ports instead of USB 2.0, but I can see if it's configuration is bad it could cause all kind of weirdness...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • sage83
    sage83 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

hello everyone, someone trying to install the last BIOS R01-A3 released 13 january 2022 , on acer orion 3000 po3-600 ? you see any changes or new features ?