Aspire 3 A315-51 i5-7200U Lagging for Hours!!

Options
Mohun_U
Mohun_U Member Posts: 3 New User
Hi. I've noticed that my Acer is a piece of *****. Lagging like no other. I spent 2 hours looking at the Task Manager. And running ON with no end.

Could someone tell me how to figure out how to check for possible clock rate malfunction or a reliable software to doctor it. Win updates are on pause btw.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,528 Trailblazer
    Options
    (1) Open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that are currently unavailable'. Scroll down and make sure the box for fast startup is UNchecked.
    (2) Uninstall, don't just disable, any non-Microsoft virus scanners. They're no longer needed for most folks.
    (3) Shut down Windows normally if possible. Or press and hold the power button to force it off. Unplug the charger.
    (4) Insert and hold paperclip into reset pinhole on bottom for about a minute
    (5) Plug charger back in but wait till battery charge LED turns from solid orange to solid blue
    (6) Then turn machine on and immediately press the F2 key to enter BIOS menu. Press the F9 key to load defaults. Press F10 to save defaults and exit
    (7) Window should now start normally

Jack E/NJ

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    @Mohun_U

That sounds like some failed hardware problem. 

What have you done lately to the laptop lately?
  • JackE
    Options
    (1) Open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that are currently unavailable'. Scroll down and make sure the box for fast startup is UNchecked.
    (2) Uninstall, don't just disable, any non-Microsoft virus scanners. They're no longer needed for most folks.
    (3) Shut down Windows normally if possible. Or press and hold the power button to force it off. Unplug the charger.
    (4) Insert and hold paperclip into reset pinhole on bottom for about a minute
    (5) Plug charger back in but wait till battery charge LED turns from solid orange to solid blue
    (6) Then turn machine on and immediately press the F2 key to enter BIOS menu. Press the F9 key to load defaults. Press F10 to save defaults and exit
    (7) Window should now start normally

Jack E/NJ

• Mohun_U
    Mohun_U Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Since I purchased it some years zgo, it took days to update windows 10.....now,say hours. I will apply some of the above suggestions. 

If there is a hardware mismatch, it should prompt, right? 
  • JackE
    Options
    Device Manager should show red or yellow warnings if there  are any device hardware mismatiches with the device driver software. 

Jack E/NJ