Brand New Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57 keeps freezing/hanging up

MartyMcD
MartyMcD Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2021 in Nitro Gaming
Hi All,

I have purchased a brand new Nitro 5 AN515-57 and having problems with it ever since.
When i have first taken it out and switched on for the first time it has first hanged up on me within minutes...didn't think much of it at the time.
It kept happening once every so often...still though its something simple and some updates will fix it...

I'm now at the stage when this laptop is completely useless to me as it keeps freezing/hanging up mid way through anything multiple times a day...sometimes i  can just let it sit for 5 minutes without any programs being ran and by the time i come back to it it has hanged up.

Screen keeps lighten up however the laptop does not respond to absolutely anything other than the power button to switch it off...sometimes when i turn it off and on again, it hangs up before the system loads up again.
It does seem to happen more often when the laptop is plugged in to charge however it does also happen when its running on battery. All my settings are set on power saver.

Any help would be appreciated

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Comments

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @MartyMcD,

Reboot and Try Again

If you can't even open the Task Manager, then your computer is truly locked up and the only way to get it moving again is a hard reset. Press and hold down on the power button until your computer turns off, then press the power button again to boot back up from scratch.
  • yellow_buffalo
    yellow_buffalo Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited November 2021
    Hey, did you solve it ?

I had the same problem, I installed windows 10 for this laptop (laptop came with windows 11 when bought) and it kept freezing. I had to reinstall back to win 11, everything seems to be fine so far
  • Abhaymishra1996
    Abhaymishra1996 Member Posts: 1 New User
    MartyMcD said:
    Hi All,

I have purchased a brand new Nitro 5 AN515-57 and having problems with it ever since.
    When i have first taken it out and switched on for the first time it has first hanged up on me within minutes...didn't think much of it at the time.
    It kept happening once every so often...still though its something simple and some updates will fix it...

I'm now at the stage when this laptop is completely useless to me as it keeps freezing/hanging up mid way through anything multiple times a day...sometimes i  can just let it sit for 5 minutes without any programs being ran and by the time i come back to it it has hanged up.

Screen keeps lighten up however the laptop does not respond to absolutely anything other than the power button to switch it off...sometimes when i turn it off and on again, it hangs up before the system loads up again.
    It does seem to happen more often when the laptop is plugged in to charge however it does also happen when its running on battery. All my settings are set on power saver.

i also have the same issue.. service centre reset my pc, again problem comes up.. they even change the motherboard, again problem persist.. what should i do?? it's been 1 month since i bought this..
  • Lord_N
    Lord_N Member Posts: 98 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Maybe a BIOS update will do the trick, try updating your BIOS, Sir. 
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    edited February 2022
    MartyMcD said:
    Hi All,

Hey MartyMcD if your system hangs and you can't do any operations as Abhaymishra1996 said "that he's had the mobo changed by Acer" and it still hangs in normal mode then it’s a software driver issue, try first before sending it to Acer to go into Safe Mode with Networking in Win-11, see here> How to Start/Boot Windows 11 in Safe Mode? (7 Ways) [MiniTool News] and try to uninstall/reinstall both graphics drivers of the AN515-57 NVIDIA RTX last driver the version R510 U2 (511.65) WHQL and the last Intel i7-11800H graphic drivers with installing the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant also that will udate and check all the Intel drivers on your Nitro 5 AN515-57. Also note that Safe Mode with Networking is what you'd want if you have any problems updating drivers or if you are in a state where Windows cannot start as that is a Microsoft tech advice tip.

Note: updating drivers from the Device Manager or Windows Update is rarely enough. The most basic thing we need to learn to maintain a PC is keep the latest manufacturer's drivers installed from their Support Downloads web page. If you have any problems all other methods are covered here to update drivers: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...