Does Acer Swift 3 don't have glass cover on its camera?

Options
jessapaolabd
jessapaolabd Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 2020 in Swift and Spin Series
Does Acer Swift 3 don't have glass cover on its camera? It does not have any when I bought it. Should I return it? Help

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,738 Trailblazer
    Options
    Which model of Swift 3 do you have? Some have plastic inside the bezel, some on the outside.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • KarlK123
    KarlK123 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hello, I received my Acer Swift 3 yesterday and seem to have the same issue. Is there supposed to not be a cover or is it missing for my laptop's webcam?
    Also, would it be possible to order one if there's supposed to be one?
    Many thanks,
    Karl

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    KarlK123,

I suggest you to contact the seller to replace it. And the lens cover alone you can't get it from acer.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,738 Trailblazer
    Options
    @KarlK123 as with the original poster, we have to know which Swift 3 model you have in order to know whether it's supposed to have a cover. There have been literally hundreds of different Swift 3 models. Yours should be something like SF3xx-xxx-xxxx. You can get the model series from System Information under the System Model line, the last four (or more) digits define things like the CPU, amount of memory, drive size, language, etc...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.