Where are the Power SW pins on T3-715's motberboard?

Kuen
Kuen Member Posts: 185 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Hereunder picture is the lower right hand corner of T3-715's motherboard.

The white rectangular in the picture is the location where Acer marks as number 21 & is the location of Power button by Acer's term.

In reality, there is nothing on the actual motherboard of T3-715 at the location marked 21.

Question:  WHERE ARE THE PINS OF POWER SW ON ACTUAL MOTHERBOARD OF T3-715  ??

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,429 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    Follow the cable back from the power switch. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    The front panel connector is #21 on the MB diagram, #22 is the turbo button/LED header:
    It sure looks like your system has a slightly different motherboard than the specs call for... It's close though! As Larry suggests you can easily trace back the button from the front bezel to see which pair of pins is the correct ones for your power switch.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Kuen
    Larryodie said:
    Follow the cable back from the power switch. 
    Thank you.

There is a "Power button" in the photo of Acer T3-715 motherboard.
    There is "power sw" for power switch on motherboards.  Find no "Power button" on motherboards.

There is not cable or wire from or to the location marked 21 by Acer.
    Follow what?
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,429 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    From the on-off power button assembly to the board. 
  • Kuen
    billsey said:
    The front panel connector is #21 on the MB diagram, #22 is the turbo button/LED header:
    It sure looks like your system has a slightly different motherboard than the specs call for... It's close though! As Larry suggests you can easily trace back the button from the front bezel to see which pair of pins is the correct ones for your power switch.
    Thank you.

Slightly?  No, Sir.  Not slightly.  I have found 2 items different in 2 weeks.  Never opened T3-715 case before.  This is the first time for me to open my T3=715.  In 2 weeks, I have found 2 items different from what Acer claims.  One is the jumper and now the Power SW pens and the entire location of these pins.

I see, not follow, colour wires from location 22, as Acer's mark, extending to the front panel.  I do not know what they are.  Acer says location 22 is "Turbo button" which I have no idea what it is.  Pardon my ignorance.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    Do you have the tools to check for continuity in the wires (VOM)? If so it is a simple process to see which two wires on the connector are shorted while the button is pressed. Otherwise you are going to have to look at the color of the wires on the power button in the front bezel, to see where they connect to the motherboard.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.