Will my Chromebook get Android 11 CP311-H2-C679

wicks_10
wicks_10 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2021 in Chromebooks
I have a CP311-H2-C679 model Chromebook. I've been trying to play Xbox Game Pass Cloud on it. I can connect fine to the Xbox series S controller and it works fine until I actually enter a game. Once in the game, the controls are all messed up. I had seen some help elsewhere that suggested that these issues are fixed with support afforded by android 11. I have also seen that Hatch base board chromebooks are for sure getting it but I believe that mine is octopus based. I have not seen anything that suggests what models outside of the hatch baseboard are getting it. Does anyone here know or maybe even have any suggestions on how to get game pass cloud to work properly on my chromebook? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Google would be the appropriate people to reach out in regards to their support for newer OS releases. This site seems imply yours will get it, they just have the model numbers wrong for the CP311-2H models.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Google would be the appropriate people to reach out in regards to their support for newer OS releases. This site seems imply yours will get it, they just have the model numbers wrong for the CP311-2H models.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • wicks_10
    wicks_10 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks for the info. I had seen that website but wasn't sure if the model number was either not listed there or if the numbers were wrong for my chromebook model. I'll keep watching for the update and maybe reach out to Google if nothing changes. 
  • billsey
    Let us know what you find out.