Acer Nitro 5 keyboard not working . Anyone have any idea how to solve the problem ?????

Options
atmehra2442
atmehra2442 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2021 in Nitro Gaming
Suddenly the keyboard stopped working on my laptop. Only power button is working. 

Answers

• Du_little
    Du_little Member Posts: 301 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi @atmehra2442 ,
    Try doing a power drain by inserting a paperclip on the battery reset hole and press and hold it for about 30 secs. Restart your computer,
    Also try doing bios default , follow the steps below:

1. Completely shut down your computer.
    2. Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press F2 for notebooks or Delete for desktops to enter UEFI.
    3. Press F9 and then Enter to load the default configuration.
    4. Press F10 and then Enter to save and exit.
    Hit Accept if its useful :) 

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Could you tell me the exact model of the notebook? Example an515-51-75kz! Is your notebook within the warranty period?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Du_little
    Du_little Member Posts: 301 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Du_little said:
    Hi @atmehra2442 ,
    Try doing a power drain by inserting a paperclip on the battery reset hole and press and hold it for about 30 secs. Restart your computer,
    Also try doing bios default , follow the steps below:

1. Completely shut down your computer.
    2. Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press F2 for notebooks or Delete for desktops to enter UEFI.
    3. Press F9 and then Enter to load the default configuration.
    4. Press F10 and then Enter to save and exit.
    Try uninstalling and re-installing the keyboard drivers, follow the steps below;
    Select "Device Manager" from the pane on the left. Expand the Keyboards section, right-click on the keyboard you want to repair and choose "Uninstall." Click the Windows "Start" button and select "Restart." When your computer boots up, Windows will detect your keyboard and install the driver.

Hit Accept if its useful :) 

• YaswanthKumar
    YaswanthKumar Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited October 2019
    Options
    No key is working on my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-43 except the power button.
    please help me solving this issue. I just bought this few days back nearly a week.
  • lovedcoffee
    lovedcoffee Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    My Acer E5-511 keyboard is also not working except the power button.  I am using W10 pro. The followings I have tried uninstall the ps2 keyboard, removing the battery and unchecking the power management all did not work.. please help  thank you in-advance.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @lovedcoffee Ideally, you should create a new topic. However, it is very likely that it is a problem with the keyboard. Have you tried to disconnect and reconnect the keyboard?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,454 Trailblazer
    edited March 2020
    Options
    My Acer E5-511 keyboard is also not working except the power button.  I am using W10 pro. The followings I have tried uninstall the ps2 keyboard, removing the battery and unchecking the power management all did not work.. please help  thank you in-advance.
    If the drivers don't work then its a hardware problem, undo the back screws and pry open the front laptop cover (see captions) check the main keyboard cable and that its plugged into the motherboard plug properly and/or that the mainboard keyboard plug is not damaged, then, reboot the laptop and see if the keyboard works. If the cable is damaged, replace keyboard, if the mainboard plug is damaged then you will have to take your laptop to an Acer Service centre for them to either repair that plug or replace mainboard. These are the options that could cause your problem(s) as keyboards are very reliable and only go wrong if their keys are damaged or they are not plugged into the motherboard properly. 

• Tanvir_ulislam
    Tanvir_ulislam Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    My keyboard stopped working all of a sudden. Only the power button works
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @Tanvir_ulislam Your question will be visible to other users if you create a new topic. Add me by putting an @.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• arffh
    arffh Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    No key is working on my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-43 except the power button.
    please help me solving this issue. I just bought this few days back nearly a week.
    same for me

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,460 Trailblazer
    Options
    @arffh you should also start a new topic to get the best visibility into the community. If yours is also less than a week old I'd just swap it with your vendor. That will be faster than going through the Acer repair process. As you can see we've made several suggestions but no one has responded with any results...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • arffh
    arffh Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    @billsey sure will do but i bought my laptop a 8 months ago
    today morning i checked now its working so i am asumming due to conection

• ELSKEN12
    ELSKEN12 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    i had the same problem but now i have a fix for it type this command in Command line and save it in the bios and your keyboard work now 
    shutdown /r /fw /t 0
  • Kartikvasava
    Kartikvasava Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Hey My keyboard is not working only power button works and Backlight always on Please help acer nitro 5 an 515-43ELSKEN12 said:
    i had the same problem but now i have a fix for it type this command in Command line and save it in the bios and your keyboard work now 
    shutdown /r /fw /t 0
    Can you list full steps? 
  • Kartikvasava
    Kartikvasava Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hey My keyboard is not working only power button works and Backlight always on Please help acer nitro 5 an 515-43
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Hey My keyboard is not working only power button works and Backlight always on Please help acer nitro 5 an 515-43ELSKEN12 said:
    shutdown /r /fw /t 0
    Can you list full steps? 
    I suggest you ask a new question!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,460 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yes, @Kartikvasava you should start a new thread for your question, this one is from 2019. Include you model number, what's happening and what you have tried so far.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Singireddy
    Singireddy Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    i am facing some problem with my Nitro 5 Spin keyboard , few keys are not working like backspace, x, what is the fix??  can someone help me
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @SingireddyI suggest you ask a new question. Also inform the exact model, such as AN515-54-58VH for example.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• karandang08
    karandang08 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi,

Did you find solution to this problem? I just had the same issue with my Acer Nitro 5. Is there any other thread for this?

Pls help