ACER SWIFT 3 SF314-55g display turns white completely white at certain angles.

arunshekhar001
arunshekhar001 Member Posts: 4 New User

Model: Acer swift 3 SF314-55g, Out of warrantee(bought in 2019 October)

Issue: Display turns completely white at certain angles and border becomes white when screen is visible. this issue has been asked on forum but that laptop was under warrantee.
I have same issue as thishttps://community.acer.com/en/discussion/619688/screens-turns-white-at-certain-angle-of-the-display-or-gets-white-borders-swift-3-sf314-55g

Diagnostics: Service center says display wire should be changed but they also says it's out of stock.
I can't find the wire on any online stores. Can anyone help me in this issue.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Acer shows two possibilities for the cable, part numbers 50.H3UN5.001 and 50.H3UN5.002. My guess is they are the same, just sourced from different vendors, but I don't know that for sure. They might the the difference between the discrete GPU version (SF314-55G) and the standard version (SF314-55). Try searching on the part number. It's an old enough model that they may be showing up on the secondary market.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• I suggest you check the edp cable:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • arunshekhar001
    Service center says the Cable needs to be replaced, but they can't find it. If someone knows the edp cable is available online, please share the link. Thanks for replying egydiocoelho
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Acer shows two possibilities for the cable, part numbers 50.H3UN5.001 and 50.H3UN5.002. My guess is they are the same, just sourced from different vendors, but I don't know that for sure. They might the the difference between the discrete GPU version (SF314-55G) and the standard version (SF314-55). Try searching on the part number. It's an old enough model that they may be showing up on the secondary market.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi arunshekhar001,

Did you check with acer support/acer store.
  • arunshekhar001
    Easwar said:
    Hi arunshekhar001,

Did you check with acer support/acer store.
    Yes i did, The part i needed is out of stock till unknown date. And this laptop is that not old from service point of view, it's spare parts should have been there. Now i feel acer support for their laptops are not that good, and makes me not want to buy their laptop anymore.
  • YuvarajMk
    YuvarajMk Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hi @arunshekhar001,

Did you find the replacement cable? Mine too having the same issue.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    YuvarajMk,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• YuvarajMk

Tinkerer

@Easwar

My model name is Acer Swift 3 SF314-55G.
  • @YuvarajMkDoes this issue only occur when there is an external monitor connected to the DP port?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Wardakhan
    Wardakhan Member Posts: 2 New User
    YuvarajMk said:
    @Easwar

My model name is Acer Swift 3 SF314-55G.
    I am facing the same problem with the same model. My laptop is out of warranty, brought in nov, 2019. Can you share how you sorted the problem out?
  • YuvarajMk

Tinkerer

Hi @egydiocoelho

No,I haven't used external monitor till now with this PC.But one thing I noticed was whenever my screen gets blank at certain angles webacam flash also blinks.Think there is a power 
  • YuvarajMk

Tinkerer

Hi @Wardakhan

No,The issue still persists.Even I took my laptop to service center they told wait for a week now it's been a month still they didn't update very poor service centers from acer.Now I'm regretting for buying acer.
  • billsey
    If the issue is affected by the angle of the screen then the problem is almost always the wiring that runs between the display and motherboard. Your webcam also runs through that cable, so would explain that as well. Depending on your locale the service center may or may not have easy access to parts. A *lot* is stuff has been significantly delayed over the last year and a half when shipping from one country to another. They should be able to give you a status report on the repair though, even if it's only "waiting for parts".
  • YuvarajMk

Tinkerer

Hi @egydiocoelho

No,I haven't used external monitor till now with this PC.But one thing I noticed was whenever my screen gets blank at certain angles webacam flash also blinks.I Think there is a with cables
  • YuvarajMk

Tinkerer

Hi @Wardakhan

No,The issue still persists.Even I took my laptop to service center they told wait for a week now it's been a month still they didn't update very poor service centers from acer.Now I'm regretting for buying acer.
  • There are several partnumbers for the edp cable: LCD EDP CABLE - FHD*2MIC 50.H3UN5.001
    50.H3UN5.001
    50.H3UN5.002
    50.H3UN5.002

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

7981950190 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Display turns completely white at certain angles and border becomes white when screen is visible. Service center says display wire should be changed but they also says it's out of stock.
    I can't find the wire on any online stores. Can anyone help me in this issue.acer service center is waste.
  • Display turns completely white at certain angles and border becomes white when screen is visible. Service center says display wire should be changed but they also says it's out of stock.
    I can't find the wire on any online stores. Can anyone help me in this issue.acer service center is waste.
    What country do you live in?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SivaSankar53
    SivaSankar53 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same issue. I'm facing now. Out of warranty. My  laptop is 1 year and 9 months old. Not even my emi  completed. I couldn't  find the stock anywhere.  If anybody helps where to find the stock for edp cable in online.
  • @SivaSankar53 What is the exact model? Example PH315-52-58VH.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer