Laptop not turning on and making beeping sound when unplugged/plugged in.

yefry
yefry Member Posts: 1 New User
My laptop suddenly displayed a screen saying “we ran into a problem” and that they would restart my laptop. It turned off but now won’t turn back on. The keyboard lights turn on, but not the screen. When I unplug or plug it in, it makes a beep sound. Please help me, I don’t know how to fix this. 

Comments

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    yefry said:
    My laptop suddenly displayed a screen saying “we ran into a problem” and that they would restart my laptop. It turned off but now won’t turn back on. The keyboard lights turn on, but not the screen. When I unplug or plug it in, it makes a beep sound. Please help me, I don’t know how to fix this. 

The solutions for your problem is diagnosed and fixed here, as its too long to explain it to you here so, follow this guide as this will fix your problems “Your PC Ran into a Problem and Needs to Restart in Windows 10

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi yefry,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• 2468carlt
    2468carlt Member Posts: 1 New User
    Laptop shutdown wile  signing  in forgot password tryed Microsoft cod sent to my email for three attempts now I can't  turn it  on, can you help 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi 2468carlt,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• OhBazza
    OhBazza Member Posts: 20 Networker
    Hey man, first of all the beep sound when plugging in and uplugging, finding that most of the newer laptops do that as theyre being plugged or unplugged. my nitro 5 has done it since day 1 and its just to notify you in case you didnt know it was coming unplugged. but it also switches your power management for battery option as well. (theres two differnt settings one for plugged in and one for battery)

as for the black screen your best bet is to open it and see if theres a pinched wire near the hinges and to check and make sure all wires/cables are plugged in securely... if that all checks out, plug in an external monitor see if you can get somethin to display on that via, hdmi or mon output depending on what your laptop has! if so then you may need a replacement screen/monitor.

hope this helps!
  • OhBazza
    OhBazza Member Posts: 20 Networker
    2468carlt said:
    Laptop shutdown wile  signing  in forgot password tryed Microsoft cod sent to my email for three attempts now I can't  turn it  on, can you help 
    check your email on your phone maybe !? only other way to access it if you forgot your password.. 
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    If the BIOS is beeping there should be a sequence: so many beeps and a pause, repeat. If so that is a beep code. See here. Most of my Acer laptops have an INSYDE BIOS.