Acer aspire 5 (A515-51G) No LED while Charging, Not turning On.

Options
Blue36
Blue36 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Today due to low battery i plugged the charger at that at Orange LED light turned on showing Charging afer a minute i tried to power On while pressing the power button on keyboard but instead of turning On the Orange LED turned off. I waited hopping laptop is turning on, but nothing happened. After 30 mint i tried again to connect charger still the Orange LED is not light up that shows charging indication and also laptop is not turning On.
Please kindly help me in this situation 🙏

Tried below process to turn it on.
1) removed charger hold the (SWG1) Button to reset battery then tried again no response
2) removed battery connection hold power button 1 mint, connected again no response

Any suggestions please help.

Best Answer

Answers

• Blue36

Tinkerer

Options
    Power adaptor working fine checked with Multimeter, BIOS battery reset tried No response
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,631 Trailblazer
    Options
    Unplug the charger again. Then make sure the laptop is completely turned off by pressing and holding the power button for at least 5 seconds. Then again re-insert a paperclip into the reset pinhole on the bottom for 60 seconds this time. Then plug the charger back in but don't try to turn the laptop on. Wait for the battery charge LED to light up steady orange. Then wait till the steady orange turns to steady  blue. This may take  several hours or even overnight if the battery level discharged below its critical 5% level. Only after the battery charge LED turns steady blue should you try to turn the machine on again. 

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi Blue36,

Try to charge the unit with different charger. Are you getting the same. 
  • JackE
    Options
    Unplug the charger again. Then make sure the laptop is completely turned off by pressing and holding the power button for at least 5 seconds. Then again re-insert a paperclip into the reset pinhole on the bottom for 60 seconds this time. Then plug the charger back in but don't try to turn the laptop on. Wait for the battery charge LED to light up steady orange. Then wait till the steady orange turns to steady  blue. This may take  several hours or even overnight if the battery level discharged below its critical 5% level. Only after the battery charge LED turns steady blue should you try to turn the machine on again. 

Jack E/NJ

• Blue36

Tinkerer

Options
    Easwar said:
    Hi Blue36,

Try to charge the unit with different charger. Are you getting the same. 
    Hi,
    Yes tried with different charger but still the same problem altho the current charger working fine measured the output with Multimeter
  • JackE
    Options

Jack E/NJ

• Blue36

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    Hi JackE,

Thanks for replying,

I tried this process today, it is more than 4 hrs right now still not any positive response, No LED yet. Not pressed the power button yet
  • JackE
    Options
    The battery or charger may have been damaged. Is the laptop still under warranty?

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi Blue36,

It looks like hardware issue. Contact acer tech support,

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/service-contact

OR book the unit for repair service,

https://customercare.acer-apac.com/CustomerSelfService/CaseBooking.aspx?CID=IN&LID=ENG

• JackE
    Options
    The battery or charger may have been damaged. Is the laptop still under warranty?

Jack E/NJ

• Blue36

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    I am pretty sure that charger is not coz it is giving the correct output needed. It might be the battery i think coz past few weeks i did notice that when i charge the battery full and when i used it after 2-3 day it shows no battery at all so i end up with 2 time full charging in 3 days with no single use off laptop
  • Blue36

Tinkerer

Options
    It is not under the warranty. Any idea how much internal battery might cost ? For this model !
  • JackE
    Options
    Simply google search the keywords 'a515-51g' & 'battery' for vendors and prices who ship to your location. About $30usd.

Jack E/NJ