my Acer One 10 power button does not really work, I have to press it numerous numerous times before

Options
hugolefever
hugolefever Member Posts: 2 New User
the netbook starts, unlike the volume and and the windows start button next to it, who work immediately, every time.
If the  start button is broken, I understand a keyboard button could be assigned to take over by a BIOS setting, but no documentation on how to do this.

Best Answer

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    edited July 2021
    Options
    I don't believe that is the case. The power button is hardwired to the motherboard in a separate circuit from the rest of the keyboard. That is due to the design of PC motherboards, with the momentary close of the power button telling a dedicated circuit to turn on the power to the rest of the system. Prior to that the keyboard isn't active at all.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • hugolefever
    hugolefever Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    thanks for answering, i understand now a keyboard key will not work.
    back to the problem, could it be that the power button itself is broke, like i said there are 2 buttons next, eg the volume and this buttons give a click feeling when i press them, eg volume up, click click click with each press - seeing the volume going up on the screen, with each click. The power button does not really give this 'click'. Power button on this device gives quite some problems apparently, with suggestions like 'pc will fire up if you press power for 10 sec, then release, then press for 1 sec and release, there's even a youtube video on that. Do i have to do something special?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Nothing special... I'm guessing there is some contaminant in the button that is sometimes blocking connection when you press the button. Which specific model do you have? It is likely something like AO1xx-xxx-xxxx. I can look up the keyboard part and try to figure out if it's repairable or need a replacement. I can also see if there is one or two cables between the keyboard and motherboard. If two it might just be the cable is loose.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi hugolefever,

It looks like hardware issue. Contact acer tech support,

https://www.acer.com/ac/nl/BE/content/service-contact

OR book the unit for repair service,

https://customercare.acer-euro.com/customerselfservice/CaseBooking.aspx?CID=BE&LID=DUT&OP=1