How to fix InsydeH20 Setup Utility and get the laptop boot up Aspire E1-532-4870

April15
April15 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited May 2023 in Aspire Laptops
My laptop always gets into the InsydeH20 Setup Utility screen.  If I hit F9 and F10, it gets to a blank blue screen.  If I hit ESC, it gets back into the InsydeH20 Setup Utility screen.  This repeats indefinitely and the laptop cannot boot up.  The laptop model is Aspire E1-532-4870 running Windows 7.  Please help to get it boot up.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084
    edited June 2021 Answer ✓
    April15

Kindly follow the steps given below..

Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug  the charger cable, devices or any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, you can find a  pin hole. It is a tiny hole. You can a find a battery symbol indicator next to the hole. It is like a + and - sign symbol as though somebody is trying to shift the battery out. Insert the pin on to the hole for 30 seconds. Remove the pin. Flip the laptop. Connect the charger cable, turn on the computer.  Only on laptops where the battery is inbuilt you can find the battery reset hole on the back of laptop.

If you don't find a pin hole on the back of laptop then you might be using removable battery. There is no need to unscrew anything to remove the battery.  Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug  the charger cable, devices and any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, please look at the top or bottom depending on the way you look at it. You can find a long door. It is a battery removable door.  Just below that you can find a latch.  If you move the latch you can remove the battery door. Once the battery is removed,  flip the laptop. Open the top cover, press and hold the power button for 1 minute. Connect the battery back on the back of computer. Connect the charger cable back and then turn on the computer. 

While turning on the computer, tap f2. It  will go to bios. Press f9  once. It will show load bios defaults with a yes or no popup. Press enter. Popup screen will disappear.  Press f10 once. It will show save changes popup with yes or no. Press enter. Computer will restart and it will load into windows.

Since it is a windows 7 computer,  if it is still not working..  Turn on the computer and tap f8 

It will show you advanced boot options

chose safe mode with networking - check what happens

Turn on the computer and tap f8 

chose last known good config - check what happens 

chose safe mode with command prompt - check what happens 

chose start windows normally - check what happens. 

chose repair your computer

check whether it goes to recovery options.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful! 
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084
    edited June 2021 Answer ✓
    April15

Kindly follow the steps given below..

Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug  the charger cable, devices or any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, you can find a  pin hole. It is a tiny hole. You can a find a battery symbol indicator next to the hole. It is like a + and - sign symbol as though somebody is trying to shift the battery out. Insert the pin on to the hole for 30 seconds. Remove the pin. Flip the laptop. Connect the charger cable, turn on the computer.  Only on laptops where the battery is inbuilt you can find the battery reset hole on the back of laptop.

If you don't find a pin hole on the back of laptop then you might be using removable battery. There is no need to unscrew anything to remove the battery.  Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug  the charger cable, devices and any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, please look at the top or bottom depending on the way you look at it. You can find a long door. It is a battery removable door.  Just below that you can find a latch.  If you move the latch you can remove the battery door. Once the battery is removed,  flip the laptop. Open the top cover, press and hold the power button for 1 minute. Connect the battery back on the back of computer. Connect the charger cable back and then turn on the computer. 

While turning on the computer, tap f2. It  will go to bios. Press f9  once. It will show load bios defaults with a yes or no popup. Press enter. Popup screen will disappear.  Press f10 once. It will show save changes popup with yes or no. Press enter. Computer will restart and it will load into windows.

Since it is a windows 7 computer,  if it is still not working..  Turn on the computer and tap f8 

chose safe mode with networking - check what happens

chose last known good config - check what happens 

chose safe mode with command prompt - check what happens 

chose start windows normally - check what happens. 

chose repair your computer

check whether it goes to recovery options.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful! 
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• April15
    April15 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Acer-William, thanks for your reply.  Even though the first half of suggestions not working, the F8 advanced boot options do work!  But my advanced boot options list are not the same as yours.  I only have two options:

- Continue with system resume
    - Delete restoration data and proceed to system boot menu

I chose "Delete restoration data and proceed to system boot menu" and it booted up!

Thanks for all the suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.