No bluetooth device - AN715-51

rando9928432857532
rando9928432857532 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited June 2021 in Nitro Gaming
Hi, I got a prpblem recently with my AN715-51 laptop.

The bluetooth device suddenly stopped working while I was in a video conference. When I looked in the device manager, the bluetooth device (Intel bluetooth something) was shown as hidden. I tried the usual:

1. Restarting Windows (no luck)
2. Restarting Bluetooth services (no luck). They were in fact still on.
3. Tried to reinstall drivers, but after uninstalling the Bluetooth device disappeared and hasn't come back since (see image below). Also after clicking "Check for hardware changes"

I also noticed another USB device that failed at the exact same time as when the Bluetooth stopped working (see image below), so I have reason to believe it's related. I found online that the AN715-51 uses the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 and that this also supports Bluetooth. I also saw that this adapter works via PCIe and USB. So, I suspect it might be that the USB got messed up somehow and now Windows can't detect the Bluetooth adapter. WiFi does work, so I'm not sure this theory holds up.

I also tested in Linux (I have setup dual-booting with Ubuntu) and Linux doesn't seem to find the Bluetooth device either. It just complains that no Bluetooth device is connected and that I should connect a dongle. So, I'm getting afraid it might be hardware related.

So, I'm at a loss. Has anyone here had this issue before and does anyone know how to fix this?

//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044
    edited June 2021
    @rando9928432857532

I am really sorry for the inconvenience.    Most of the issues are getting by fixed by doing a power drain and bios defaults.   

Kindly follow the steps given below..

Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug  the charger cable, devices or any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, you can find a  pin hole. It is a tiny hole. You can a find a battery symbol indicator next to the hole. It is like a + and - sign symbol as though somebody is trying to shift the battery out. Insert the pin on to the hole for 30 seconds. Remove the pin. Flip the laptop. Connect the charger cable, turn on the computer.  Only on laptops where the battery is inbuilt you can find the battery reset hole on the back of laptop.

If you dont find a pin hole on the back of laptop then you might be using removable battery. There is no need to unscrew anything to remove the battery.  Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug  the charger cable, devices and any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, please look at the top or bottom depending on the way you look at it. You can find a long door. It is a battery removable door.  Just below that you can find a latch.  If you move the latch you can remove the battery door. Once the battery is removed,  flip the laptop. Open the top cover, press and hold the power button for 1 minute. Connect the battery back on the back of computer. Connect the charger cable back and then turn on the computer. 

While turning on the computer, tap f2. It  will go to bios. Press f9  once. It will show load bios defaults with a yes or no popup. Press enter. Popup screen will disappear.  Press f10 once. It will show save changes popup with yes or no. Press enter. Computer will restart and it will load into windows.

Go the device manager and check the bluetooth.   It will be working..     If it is still not working then we can try the remaining steps.. 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful! 
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• ZYBORXELLER
    ZYBORXELLER Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

please let me know if you find a solution to this issue. been facing this and its really really really bad.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi rando9928432857532,

Reset this PC and keep my files
    1. Shutdown the unit. Press and hold alt+F10 key. Then turn ON the unit.
    2. You will get a blue screen. Choose the option troubleshoot. 

3 Ways to Reset Acer Laptop to Factory Settings without Password

4 Methods to Reset an Acer Laptop with Windows 7810 or Linux

3 Ways to Reset Windows 10 Computer to Factory Settings  Password Recovery
    3. Select Keep my files to refresh your PC and reinstall your operating system without removing your personal files. Click Next to continue. Important If you have apps installed on your PC, they will be removed. Recovery - 25
    4. Resetting the PC will reinstall Windows, change settings back to their factory defaults and remove all preinstalled apps and programs without removing your personal files. Click Reset to continue.
    5. You will be shown the reset progress on the screen. The screen will turn off during the reset process.
    6. The screen will turn back on when it is installing Windows. Your PC will restart several times during the reset process.
    7. Follow the process until it completes.
    8. When your PC has completed the reset process, Windows will have been reset back to its factory default settings without removing your personal files.​

• rando9928432857532
    Thanks guys for all the suggestions, I'll try them out in the evening (I'm at work rn).
    I'll keep you updated on progress.
  • rando9928432857532
    Thanks again for your suggestions, I've tried them out.

Acer-William, I've looked for a pinhole, but couldn't find one. I also don't have a removable battery. I unscrewed the bottom and took out the battery cable instead. After which I changed the BIOS setting to their defaults. Sadly no luck :(

Easwar, I didn't have this option and resetting via settings gave me the message that I had to use the installation media. Seems like I don't have WinRE. I reinstalled Windows instead with a new installation medium, but the Bluetooth device is still missing :(

For what it's worth, the USB issue also didn't go away.

Acer-William, you said there were more steps?
  • batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Either dead usb controller on the MB or AX200 (the usb part of it), look if you have issues with other USB devices and if so the MB have to be replaced, if not then get a new AX200 and replace it, cost around ~15$.
    Good luck!
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• rando9928432857532
    Thanks for the suggestion batmalin.

I'll try replacing the AX200, since it I found it for 25 euros. If it's not the case I'll just return it.
    I'll update you when it arrives.
  • batmalin
    Ok, good luck and share the outcome.

• rando9928432857532
    batmalin, I've received the AX200 chip and installed it, but I still have the same issue.
    The USB error didn't go away and my Bluetooth hardware is still not getting recognised.

It seems the issue then is not that the AX200 chip is broken, but like you mentioned, that an USB controller on the MB might be faulty.
    I suppose then that I should contact Acer for a repair?
  • batmalin
    Yes, that would be the only option.