Helios 300 (PH315-51-51V7) random shutdowns

yad2411
yad2411 Member Posts: 9 New User
It started happening recently, laptop shuts down after I start a game. It happens without any warning and laptop doesn't turn on or take any power from the charger until I disconnect the battery. It only happens after starting a game. I called acer care center and they said it might be due to RAM. Other people who experienced this please tell me if your problem was fixed and how.

Answers

• ArianaG88
    ArianaG88 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Really cool mylonestar
  • yad2411
    My Laptop shuts down without any warning when I start the game and doesn't turn on or take power from the charger. I have disconnect the battery to star it again. If anyone has any solution please help.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi yad2411,

Are you getting any light indication when charger is connected.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi yad2411,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • yad2411
    Easwar said:
    Hi yad2411,

Are you getting any light indication when charger is connected.

No after the unexpected shutdown I don't get any light indication, to turn on the unit again I have to disconnect the battery by pin hole button first only after that I can tur on the unit.
  • yad2411

Easwar said:
    Hi yad2411,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​

What am I looking for in BIOS page exactly? I can do what you told me but what does it do.

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    Did you try to check the temperature when starting the game?
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • yad2411
    Yeah temps are normal and I also tested it with & without undervolting. It only shutdowns unexpectedly when I start a heavy game, after game runs for 2-3 minutes it Shutdowns and doesn't turn on untill I disconnect the battery by the pin hole button. If you guys have any idea what might be causing this please inform
  • WSubZtance
    WSubZtance Member Posts: 2 New User
    you found any fixes? im getting the same problem
  • yad2411
    Nah brother I also asked others here who had same problem so far I haven't gotten any solution. If you problem gets fixed please inform me here. I will do the same if mine problem gets solved first.
  • yad2411
    oh and if you any idea what might be causing this gpu problem on my system please tell. It just started happening 3 days ago without any notable reason. I was just browsing the net and minimized a game in the background and then BAM my system turned off.
  • yad2411
    guys my problem was sort of solved. Turns out it was my gpu(gtx 1050 ti) that was causing the problems, when it ran above 950mV it would crash, i don't know why it started doing but that's what it is doing now. It would run the game for a small time 2-3 minutes and then shut down the laptop. My brother helped my apply a clock/ voltage limit on it by using msi afterburner, it is running on 999mhz or 1Ghz whatever the unit is and voltage is 700mV. Their is a bit of performance issue but the games do run, I mostly play indie games and rarely play AAA titles so its kinda of bummer but i'm trying make it work. Anyway hope this helps. Oh and if any of you have any idea what might be causing this gpu problem on my system please tell. It just started happening 3 days ago without any notable reason. I was just browsing the net and minimized a game in the background and then BAM my system turned off.