My ED323QUR - Speakers/sound issues

Options
Medgar
Medgar Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2023 in Monitors
Hi there, 
This might be a really dumb question but here goes anyway. I bought an ACER ED32QUR monitor recently and I notice it has two built-in speakers. I'm connecting it to my HP ENVY X360 laptop via a HDMI cable. However, the sound does not come through the monitor but through the speaker on my laptop. Does the HDMI cable also handle the sound or do I need additional cables? I've checked the settings on the audio section of the monitor and the level is at 100%. How do I get the speakers  to work on my monitor?

//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    You should make sure that the monitor speakers are slelected from the volume control.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• patchau1
    patchau1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    was this issue fixed? I currently have an Acer ED323QUR monitor connected to my ASUS ROG 752 gaming laptop but no sound coming from the speakers. 
  • GigoloSoldier
    GigoloSoldier Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I also have a ED323QUR Abidpx (UM.JE3AA.A01) that will not play sound. The volume on the monitor and windows is at 100%, I have tried changing sound settings in the windows manager, changing between HDMI and DP, updating windows and AMD display drivers, using different ports on the GPU etc.

System
    Windows 10 Pro
    Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5
    AMD FX-8370
    XFX RX 580 GTS XXX
  • neos_xtc
    neos_xtc Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Follow up for this question as I have the same issue. ED323QUR-A. Just built new and picked this monitor as a secondary until I get the main monitor (Acer Predator XB271HU bmiprz). I don't intend to use the monitor as a primary source for audio, but I do find it strange that the monitor volume is at 100%. System volume is at 100%. Output source is set to the monitor "2- NVIDIA High Definition Audio" (ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2070 (A8G)) using DisplayPort 1.2 connection. I have tinkered in everything I know to change in my settings and nothing has fixed it. I plugged in an older LED TV via HDMI port on my card and sound plays just fine from there and I didn't have to change a thing. I have been searching quite a bit and haven't really found any answers. I saw an article somewhere where Acer America responded to someone saying ED323QUR does not have audio/speakers. However, I found that a little hard to believe considering that there are two speakers on the backside of it and a volume setting ON the menu for the monitor. All drivers are up-to-date. I even tried rolling them back a few just to rule it out. Any ideas?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,737 Trailblazer
    Options
    There are quite a few different SKUs for those. Mostly just handling different locales and languages, but some have speakers and some don't. I'm guessing the speakers are under sized to help keep costs down...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ryan1031
    ryan1031 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Has this issue been solved? My ED323QUR is used as a monitor for laptop and apple tv. No sound from either piece of hardware.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,737 Trailblazer
    Options
    @ryan1031 you didn't give us the full model number, so we can't tell if yours is supposed to have speakers or not.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Hrid
    Hrid Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi All, I am reviving this topic. I have the same issue. My model number/Version is ED323QUR Abidpx. I clearly see two speakers at the rear, it is showing up as a sound output option in my laptop, the drivers seem up to date. But it doesn't play any sound. What am I missing? Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.