SK-9662 Wireless Keyboard - Missing USB Receiver Dongle - Any Ideas?

2021UK2021UK Member Posts: 3 New User
Hi everyone,

I was given a SK-9662 wireless keyboard, which doesn't have a USB receiver/dongle. Does anyone have any suggestions for obtaining a working replacement receiver/dongle?

It's a nice little keyboard, and it would be a shame to chuck it away, just because of a missing receiver/dongle.

Sorry if this post is not in the correct category - I couldn't find a category for peripherals. Moderators: feel free to move the post to a better location if you want.

Thanks in advance!

FAQ & Answers

• Jack22Jack22 ACE Posts: 2,873 Pathfinder
    @2021UK
    Remove the battery from the wireless mouse and than check you might find the USB dongle to connect
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • EaswarEaswar Ally Posts: 2,230
    Hi 2021UK,

At bottom of the mouse you can find it. Please check by removing the batteries also. 
    SOLVED I lost the USB for my wireless keyboard Can this be replaced -  Keyboard - iFixit
  • 2021UK2021UK Member Posts: 3 New User
    Thank for the advice guys, but unfortunately there was no mouse accompanying the keyboard, nor is there a dongle in the keyboard battery compartment.

Does anyone know of any replacement dongle which can be purchased? Like I say, it would be a shame to dispose of a nice little keyboard.
  • EaswarEaswar Ally Posts: 2,230
    Hi 2021UK,

Did you purchase it from acer store,acer online (website) means you can contact them. And may I know when did you purchase it. 
  • 2021UK2021UK Member Posts: 3 New User
    Easwar said:
    Hi 2021UK,

Did you purchase it from acer store,acer online (website) means you can contact them. And may I know when did you purchase it. 

Hi there,

No I didn't purchase it from a store. The keyboard was given to me (by the people cleaning out the vacant office next door). Consequently, the keyboard is missing both the mouse and USB receiver/dongle. I do not know when it would have been purchased.

So referring back to the original enquiry: is there a replacement dongle (either Acer or a third party manufacturer) which I can acquire to get this keyboard working, or do I have to dispose of it?

Reuse and recycle whenever possible... that's what they tell us... and that's what I'm aiming to do! :)
  • billseybillsey ACE Posts: 18,214 Trailblazer
    You can try after market venues like eBay, though likely what you will find is the keyboard, mouse and dongle all together in a package... Or what you already have, a keyboard without the dongle.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.