take out the batter helios 300

Options
Hassan_BS
Hassan_BS Member Posts: 4 New User
edited April 2021 in Predator Laptops
it's a week since i bought helios 300 and i play a lot and i have to charge more frequently. so i like to know it ok to take the inbuilt battery out ? 
or dose it reducing batter life while play games when the battery is fully charged and ac adapter is plugged in? 
what's your recommendations is there any better plans for gaming without harming the laptop or to extend the battery and the laptop's life?

Best Answer

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    edited April 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    All modern batteries do, they both stop accepting charge at 100% and have an extra 'buffer' where they have a bit more capacity then they claim to give a bit of extra protection , I would say leave the battery in!

You can see this behaviour of you goto CMD and type 
    Powercfg /batteryreport 

It will spit out a html page of the battery stats

Answers

• Leostat
    Options
    I wouldnt recomend it, if the AC adapter isnt able to provide all the needed juice it will dip into the battery to cover it. The main thing is dont game on the battery as that will absoutly cain it!
  • Hassan_BS
    Options
    so what is your recommendations exactly, to play with battery removed? or with battery 100% charged and remaining the AC adapter pluged?
    cause i heard about taking the battery out will increase the battery life 
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    @Hassan_BS

When I use my Dell laptop at home I only use AC with the battery out. Put the battery back in maybe once every half year to ensure to charge it back to 100%., or when taking the laptop outside. 

I believe using AC will give the highest performance possible. The only advantage that I can think of is in case of power outage, then you will appreciate it is good to have the battery in.
  • Hassan_BS
    Options
    dose the predator helios 300 have this feature that is to stop the battery from overcharging and when battery reach 100% it start to use the power from Ac?
    cause I'm so close to take out the battery
  • Leostat
    edited April 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    All modern batteries do, they both stop accepting charge at 100% and have an extra 'buffer' where they have a bit more capacity then they claim to give a bit of extra protection , I would say leave the battery in!

You can see this behaviour of you goto CMD and type 
    Powercfg /batteryreport 

It will spit out a html page of the battery stats
This discussion has been closed.