I have questions on upgrading memory for Acer Aspire 3

Options
patientfrog
patientfrog Member Posts: 3 New User
A few days ago I ordered this laptop.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08K3NGK2Z/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A2Q0WBMOT79VLZ&psc=1   .   I'd like to upgrade the memory right away.  In the description it says that the memory is able to be upgraded to 12gb of memory, however, I believe i've seen videos where people have upgraded to 16gb.  So my question is would I be able to do that?  Can this laptop accomodate 16gb?  Since i'm trying to figure out what memory to buy, how many memory slots are available in this thing?  I mean, Depending on what the max is, would I need to order just another stick of memory, or would i need to replace the existing memory stick with my new one?  Since my knowledge in computers is a bit lacking, I'd appreciate any help I can get on this.

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• patientfrog
    Options
    Also, what type of memory would be compatible?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,556 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    That particular model is likely configured with 4GB soldered unreplaceable mainboard RAM & 4GB replaceable RAM for 8GB. The 4GB replaceable RAM can be changed to a 16GB DDR4 sodimm module 2400MHz or faster for 20GB RAM which is the maximum advertised RAM for this model. Any of the RAM specs listed in this link should work fine. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• patientfrog
    Options
    JackE said:
    That particular model is likely configured with 4GB soldered unreplaceable mainboard RAM & 4GB replaceable RAM for 8GB. The 4GB replaceable RAM can be changed to a 16GB DDR4 sodimm module 2400MHz or faster for 20GB RAM which is the maximum advertised RAM for this model. Any of the RAM specs listed in this link should work fine. Jack E/NJ

excellent.  This is the answer i was looking for.  Thanks!
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,556 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good luck with it. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

This discussion has been closed.