Packard bell EasyNote TK85 will not upgrade to windows 10

ItsCassipuus
ItsCassipuus Member Posts: 4 New User
Hi! I have a Packard Bell EasyNote TK85 which was originally running windows 10 but I factory reset with Packard Bell recovery management and it downgraded to windows 7. I am wishing to upgrade to windows 10 again, But it will shut down at 90% complete. My battery does not work inside it, But that's OK as I only use it plugged in. Please do not reply saying it is not supported as
1. It was originally running Windows 10
2. Upgrade advisor says it is.

I have tryed using both Upgrade Advisor and Create install media, but non of them work

P;ease help!

Many thanks

Edited the content to hide personal information

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Any AV installed? That can be the main culprit, followed by a driver its not liking. You could try running settup diag to see if thats spits out what its failing on ( https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/upgrade/setupdiag and the command is SetupDiag.exe /Output:C:\SetupDiag\Results.log  )  and there are a list of common things which cause it to fail here :) ( https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/upgrade/resolve-windows-10-upgrade-errors )
  • ItsCassipuus
    Leostat said:
    Any AV installed? That can be the main culprit, followed by a driver its not liking. You could try running settup diag to see if thats spits out what its failing on ( https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/upgrade/setupdiag and the command is SetupDiag.exe /Output:C:\SetupDiag\Results.log  )  and there are a list of common things which cause it to fail here :) ( https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/upgrade/resolve-windows-10-upgrade-errors )

That laptop sure came with a lot of bloatware. Why do I need Norton Anti Virus? I will try to disable it.
  • Leostat
    It would need to be uninstalled usually rather than disabled. Its because of how the AV works it conflicts with how the update works, updater trys to change something the AV has a lock on or open and it fails 🤷‍♀️
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    When you do a Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrade it leaves pretty much everything alone in a Windows.old directory and adds the new OS. That allows you to recover back to the old OS if there are problems. The issue with that on these smaller machines is that they often don't have enough storage to actually has both systems installed at once. Double check to see what drive is installed and make sure you have 30GB or more free. There are also sometimes issues with the WiFi card, but usually disabling it before the update allows things to go forward, and you can re-enable it after you are done with the install.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ItsCassipuus
    billsey said:
    When you do a Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrade it leaves pretty much everything alone in a Windows.old directory and adds the new OS. That allows you to recover back to the old OS if there are problems. The issue with that on these smaller machines is that they often don't have enough storage to actually has both systems installed at once. Double check to see what drive is installed and make sure you have 30GB or more free. There are also sometimes issues with the WiFi card, but usually disabling it before the update allows things to go forward, and you can re-enable it after you are done with the install.

billsey said:

Hello. I have checked my storage and only 15GB out of 750GB has been used. I do not really know what you mean abot disabling he wifi card, but still cant get it to work
  • ItsCassipuus
    Leostat said:

Hi. My antivirus is turned off, and my drivers have just been updated, but still no luck. Thank you for the help anyway
  • Leostat
    turned off or uninstalled?  

Give the setup Diag a go to see if "it" knows or sugegsts whats wrong, its usualy either complains about a file, or suggests the last thing it did before failing
  • First, update all drivers to the latest version. As your laptop is old, it is worth downloading the driverbooster for the program to download the latest drivers. Then try to run the windows update:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)