RGB Light Sense catches issues , model XB253Q

System
System Member Posts: 4,518 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
edited April 2021 in Monitors
This discussion was created from comments split from: RGB Light Sense catches CTRL+E and CTRL+W.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Comments

• Iago_RS
    Iago_RS Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited April 2021
    For real? They still didn't answear it? 
    I have the same issue, why would I buy a monitor with RGB Light effects in the front part if I can't even see it while playing?

Please ACER answear. 
    @Acer-Manny

@Acer-Jose
  • Iago_RS

Tinkerer

So acer edited my post and still didn't answear?! That's just unbelieveble
  • Iago_RS

Tinkerer

edited April 2021
  • Ingrid-Acer
    Ingrid-Acer Administrator Posts: 3,302 Community Administrator
    Hello MaDCOwsigurdhtIago_RS

Thank you for participating in the community forums. Sorry for the inconvenience this issue may be causing, could you please provide me with the monitor model name, this way we can look into the issue

I would like to take the opportunity to friendly remind that the Acer Forum Discussions were designed as a peer to peer support community where Acer users help other Acer users. Although, this community is not a direct portal to Customer service, many Acer employees read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some Acer employees interact with members when appropriate, but primarily we want the community to be a place where members can exchange their own advices and ideas. 

Best Regards, 
    Acer-Ingrid

• Iago_RS

Tinkerer

Hello, @Acer-Ingrid ... My Monitor is the XB3, model XB253Q_GW. The one with RGB led in the front of the monitor, more expecific - the bottom border of monitor -.
    But I think that this is about the Software, not about some monitors.. Anyway, I'll be waiting your answear.

Thank you anyway, and about the support from acer, I live in Brazil, and I tried and sent many e-mails to our support here, and had no answear.. they dont even answear the email..

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Iago_RS said:
    Hello, @Acer-Ingrid ... My Monitor is the XB3, model XB253Q_GW. The one with RGB led in the front of the monitor, more expecific - the bottom border of monitor -.
    But I think that this is about the Software, not about some monitors.. Anyway, I'll be waiting your answear.

Thank you anyway, and about the support from acer, I live in Brazil, and I tried and sent many e-mails to our support here, and had no answear.. they dont even answear the email..

Iago_RS, very sorry to hear this, but i recommend you calling the Acer support answer and not email (if your not getting answers from emails): 

https://www.acer.com/ac/pt/BR/content/service-contact

Acer-Manny
  • Ingrid-Acer
    edited April 2021
    Iago_RS said:

Thank you for the information, I will look into it. 

Best Regards, 
    Acer-Ingrid 

• Iago_RS

Tinkerer

edited April 2021
    @Acer-Manny the first thing I did, was call the support, and they told me they have no way to help me with this, because was out of their knowledge.. So they said I should send an e-mail.
  • Iago_RS

Tinkerer

@Acer-Ingrid
    Thank you, I'll be waiting for ur answear.
  • Iago_RS

Tinkerer

I Saw that @Acer-Manny said that there is a solution for this issue with LightSense. So I want to know what is the solution, or where is the solution, since he closed the other post with only 2 comments, First from the customer and Second his own, and there is no solution over there. I'll be remembering his words here:

"Hello everyone,

The thread will be closed due to its age and since there is a solution, if you still have problems with your computer,  I invite you to open a new question by clicking "Ask A Question" button at the top right-hand side of the site, so the users of the Acer community can guide you. 

Thank you for your interest and participation in the Acer Support Forums,

Acer-Manny"

So can you tell us where is the solution please @Acer-Manny ?

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Iago_RS said:
    I Saw that @Acer-Manny said that there is a solution for this issue with LightSense. So I want to know what is the solution, or where is the solution, since he closed the other post with only 2 comments, First from the customer and Second his own, and there is no solution over there. I'll be remembering his words here:

"Hello everyone,

The thread will be closed due to its age and since there is a solution, if you still have problems with your computer,  I invite you to open a new question by clicking "Ask A Question" button at the top right-hand side of the site, so the users of the Acer community can guide you. 

Thank you for your interest and participation in the Acer Support Forums,

Acer-Manny"

So can you tell us where is the solution please @Acer-Manny ?

I am very sorry for the confusion Iago_RS, that was a typo error on my part, the thread was closed due to the age of it, unfortunately, we only cover the U.S. and Canada regions, so we are unable to access any account history to be able to confirm any of the information for you, sir. The only recommendation will be to follow up back with support again and ask for a superior, i am really not understanding why they are not able to help and have no knowledge of it.

Can u explain in more detail your issue with the RGB LightSense? i mean the only reason i will understand that they say something like that is if it's something that it's out of scope like we don't support it or it's a 3rd party software or upgrade or an out-of-warranty situation etc.

Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny
  • Iago_RS

Tinkerer

Hello @Acer-Manny.. Ok, I'll try again because this is not a problem in my country or something like that.

The software Light Sense, when ACTIVATED on your Windows (Operational System) blocks 2 combinations of keys in keyboard. The first combination that blocks is whe you press the button CTRL and the button W togheter (Ctrl+W), it means that if you are playing CounterStrike and you want to make your character Crounch and walk forward is impossible. Ctrl is the button that you press to "stay low" and W is the button to walk.. Both keys pressed does not work with the Software Light Sense active,  BUT if you closed the application LightSense it will works normally. The same happens with the combination of CTRL+E.

So the thing is, I bought a monitor with 280hz and 0.5ms with a RGB led in front just to be more beautiful, and of course I'll play CS:Go, but is not worth if I can only play with the RGB led's OFF ( WITH LIGHT SENSE APP CLOSED ). Do you understand me?!

I just want to know how can I change those combinations.. I guess that is ez to understand this. I'm trying here with you, I'm trying with the Brazilian Support, I'm trying calling to the support, and no one can help me... Seems like no one understand it. 

Anyway, if is not possible to change this combinations of keys, I'll be forced to return the monitor and ask for my money back. Cuz is worthless to have a monitor for games with rgb, when is impossible to play with the rgb on.

Sorry about the words, but if you put yourself in my place as customer you will get it.
  • Ingrid-Acer
    edited April 2021
    Hello Iago_RS

Thank you for all the details, We still looking into it. I am sorry for the delay. We understand your frustration. Can you please check the version of the APP that is installed in your unit?

Also, do you mind send me a private message with the serial number of the your unit, please. 

Best Regards, 
    Acer-Ingrid 
  • Ingrid-Acer
    Hello Iago_RS

I replied your message through private message, but I would like to leave the information here for future reference. 

We recommend downloading the new version of the 
    RGB Light Sense released recently, you will find it in this link https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/rgb-light-sense 

Best regards,
    Acer-Ingrid 
  • MarlonRibeiro
    MarlonRibeiro Member Posts: 9 New User
    Adquiri o produto Monitor Acer Predator XB253Q porem ao instalar não estou conseguindo abrir o aplicativo (RGB Light Sense) e aparece a seguinte mensagem que o aparelho não esta conectado, mas o  aplicativo Acer Display Widget abre normalmente e localiza o monitor. como faço para ativar a função do RGB? Liguei o monitor no DP e também liguei o usb