Bluetooth microphone is not recognised/not working: Aspire ES11 ES1-132-P065

volga_volga
volga_volga Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited April 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I have a new Bluetooth headset (speakers + microphone) for Zoom calls, this is my first time to try using Bluetooth microphone in my Acer laptop.

But I cannot use it in Zoom as a microphone device: the laptop does not even show this new microphone as an option in Input audio devices (only shows the computer microphone). The speakers are however working fine.

My husband's laptop (Lenovo) recognises my Bluetooth microphone/headset just fine. He can use it for Zoom as both speakers and microphone.

Is it at all possible to connect the Bluetooth microphone/headset device in Acer ES11? I have checked that the Bluetooth driver is up to date. Maybe the laptop is not build for that??

Best Answer

• volga_volga

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Thank you for your post, but isn't that just a way how to "connect" a bluetooth device to a computer? I know how it works.
    Meanwhile, I found a solution to my problem. It was related to Windows 10 settings. In Windows 10->Services APP ->Bluetooth Audio Gateway Service I had a Startup type set as "Manual". Once I changed it to "Automatic", restarted Windows 10, reconnected the headset, it was working fine as both speakers and microphone.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    Click settings in the Windows start menu. Click devices. Click bluetooth & other devices. Make sure bluetooth is turned on. Click add bluetooth device. Plug headset in. Then click bluetooth audio etc. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• volga_volga

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Thank you for your post, but isn't that just a way how to "connect" a bluetooth device to a computer? I know how it works.
    Meanwhile, I found a solution to my problem. It was related to Windows 10 settings. In Windows 10->Services APP ->Bluetooth Audio Gateway Service I had a Startup type set as "Manual". Once I changed it to "Automatic", restarted Windows 10, reconnected the headset, it was working fine as both speakers and microphone.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    Thanks for reporting back on your solution. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

This discussion has been closed.