Upgrading an Aspire 5672 to Windows 8

Options
greeneone
greeneone Member Posts: 1 New User

This laptop was built in Feb 2006.  Has XP installed.  Want to get a new HD and clean install Windows 8.  Does anyone know if this laptop is to old to upgrade to Windows 8.  I know I can do Vista 32 Bit.  Thanks for the help.

Answers

• phone_trouble
    phone_trouble Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I know this is an old post, but as I have the same great laptop, I thought I would put up my 2 cents worth. 

As with many Acer machines, they have proprietary software items, like the power, and playback programs.

So, if you can live without some things not working, sure you can upgrade and try to find a work around for the things that don't work.  The main one you may have trouble with is the network, both wireless and wired.  If you can't get one or both of these to work with the initial installation, you may be dead in the water. 

All you can do is try, I am happy with XP and how well it works with the machine, but with support drying up next year in April I feel like you do and am trying to do an upgrade of the OS to Win 7 at least.

Another option you might try is go the Linux route, you may have better luck there, and it will sure speed up your laptop.

This discussion has been closed.