W700 Bios 2.13

Options
HiSpeed
HiSpeed Member Posts: 35 New User

Acer released a new bios 23 May with an error. Why is it not fixed yet? Poor customer service!

Acer Bios

Answers

• OrionBG
    OrionBG Member Posts: 45 Troubleshooter
    Options

Yes, there is still no response from ACER on the matter....

Even the size of the file is not right!

• 1stTimeAcer
    1stTimeAcer Member Posts: 96 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Acer support, please notify whoever in charge that a WRONG firmware has been posted for W700!!!

The firmware 2.13 is for a Gateway NV52L notebook and NOT the correct firmware for Iconia W700.

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

I apologize for this issue. I've sent information back to our engineers, as soon as I know more about what the issue is, I'll provide an update.

• 1stTimeAcer
    Options

Thanks Cory

• 1stTimeAcer
    Options

New correct 2.13 has been posted (no change log, of course)

So far, the only thing I have found is BIOS now has a new option called

-D2D Recovery

"To do Acer disc-to-disc system recoveryvia Volume Down + Power button before boot up."   

TDP is still restricted at 10w.

Also, a new Cradle Driver has been added to the driver section. Seems to add  new (port replicator) usb graphic device driver and usb ethernet driver. 

EDIT: I'm not sure if this is a real ot just my imagination, but I think the CPU's boost time behaves a bit differently where the boost power time is slightly longer. GPU is still the same...

• HiSpeed
    HiSpeed Member Posts: 35 New User
    Options

SnapShot is now working ???? Win + Vol.Down

• jason2234
    jason2234 Member Posts: 85 Troubleshooter
    Options

finally screen snapshot without having to whip out a keyboard ???? now all we need is the tablet to not clamp to 10w after 20 seconds of decent use

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

You guys have beat me to it, but just to confirm, BIOS 2.13 was uploading on 6/5 and was replicated across all platforms over the weekend.

• ptrkhh
    ptrkhh Member Posts: 72 Troubleshooter
    Options

How did you upgrade your BIOS? Should we use the "BIOS - UEFI for Windows 8 (Not for Upgrades)" ?

I'm afraid if using that BIOS will harm my W700 because it states "Not for Upgrades"

• RandyV
    RandyV Member Posts: 39 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options

Well -- I just tried upgrading my W700 using the  "BIOS - UEFI for Windows 8 (Not for Upgrades)" going from v2.07 to 2.13.

The tablet initially powered up just fine after the flash and I was able to log in and run things just fine. 

However, the tablet went to sleep (after a few minutes of inactivity) and now won't wake up.  I push the power button, the power button light flashes orange for a 1/2 second, and then goes dark and nothing happens. 

Hopefully I haven't bricked it, but I fear that may be the case.

• RandyV
    Options

It was either a really bad coincidence for having some kind of hardware failure or the BIOS upgrade bricked my unit.

I just got done chatting with Acer support and the tablet is going in for service.  <sigh>

• OrionBG
    OrionBG Member Posts: 45 Troubleshooter
    Options

I flased mine without any problems!

The only thing that stopped working was my Android dual boot but simple reflash will restore the UEFI dual boot loader I had installed!

The Windows Part is perfectly fine exept for the standart problems that this Tablet have! WiFi and Throttling!

• beltemps
    beltemps Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

No problem while flashing here either. but is it just me or did acer increase the boot and shut down times? and while I always thought that the fan could turn on a little less often now after the bios update the fan NEVER shuts off... that's a real turn off and a change for the worse imho...

on the other hand the new screenshot feature comes quite handy...

but one step forward and two steps back..?

really...?

• RandyV
    Options

According to Acer, my W700 had a bad mainboard.  I have the tablet back with the new bios and it seems to be fine so far.

This discussion has been closed.