Acer Aspire 5552 - recovery disk hangs

oaktree
oaktree Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi, I am trying to recover an Acer Aspire 5552-7803. I ordered the set of recovery disks and can boot to the system cd as described in the accompanying instructions. At this point the system hangs with the message "Please wait a moment." I can boot to a Ubuntu usb and access the hard drive, although some files/blocks are not accessible. I suspect a hard drive problem. Any ideas would be appreciated. thanks

Answers

• Joshua188
    Joshua188 Member Posts: 523 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Hello oaktree, sounds like you have most of the work here aready. If you loaded Linux and you are still seeing an issue with getting to all the HDD blocks this would mean there is a possible issue with the HDD. If you have a spare HDD try running it and see fi the issue remains. Good luck Smiley Happy  

• oaktree
    oaktree Member Posts: 2 New User

thanks Joshua, I don't have any spare hdd, and was hoping to find a cd/usb bootable with a hdd utility that would allow me to reformat the hdd and write a new bad block table, then retry the recovery disk. No luck so far.

• Joshua188
    Joshua188 Member Posts: 523 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Well search online and see if you can find a free app to boot the unit to the ISO then write 0's to the HDD and tyhen try. if this fails replace the HDD.

This discussion has been closed.