Does the Acer W700 support WIDI?

Options
TwistedRat
TwistedRat Member Posts: 1 New User

Does the Acer W700-6465 or any other variant with Intel Core i5, 4GB RAM and 128GB SSD upport WIDI (Wi-Fi Manufacturer is not in the specs for W700-6465)? For me WIDI or Miracast is a must have on any new tablet/laptop I buy.

Answers

• freeza
    freeza Member Posts: 1,316 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Good day

It doesnt, sorry.

Regards,

Freeza

• delezynski
    delezynski Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Is that still so??? It will not support WiDi????

When I go to Intel, they say the Intel Core i3-3217U 1.8 GHz supports WiDi and that IS the processor that my W700-6607.

If it will not, I am about to return it. Mine also has a small bubble in the lower right side of the screen. It's a shame if I do have to return it. I sure like it so far.

Greg

• suzook
    suzook Member Posts: 16 New User
    Options

So RETURN it. Acer never made ANY claims of WIDI.

• delezynski
    Options

Suzook,

I think you misunderstood me. I want to keep it. But I NEED to have the WiDi work.

I contacted Acer support and got a reply......

>.... Thank you for contacting Acer America. My name is XXXXXXX, badge number YYYYYY. I'll be happy to assist you.

>.......

>I understand that you would like to get WiDi to work in the tablet.

>.......

>Please be informed that, your tablet does have WiDi feature in it.

>.....

So, it looks like Acer is making clames that it does support WiDi, NOW I just need to get it to work.

Greg

• delezynski
    Options

OK, now I have to step back. I contacted support after I got the last email stating that is does support WiDi, and asked about setup.

I just got back another email that states the W700 does NOT support WiDI. I think they are confused over WiFi and WiDi.

I hate it when that happens! I LOVE the design, working and battery life of the W700!! But without WiDi I have just sent it back. Too bad! I really wanted it to work out.

Greg

This discussion has been closed.