Aspire 5734Z DVD drive problem

rescueranger21
rescueranger21 Member Posts: 1 New User

I've been have some trouble the last few days with my laptop reading DVDs. I would put in a DVD and the disc will spin like it's trying to read it, but then it stops after a few minutes. I would then try to playing using VLC and it asks me to put in a DVD. When I look at the CD/DVD drive in My Computer, it just says "DVD RW Drive {D:}". It's not even registering the fact that there is a DVD in the drive. I would click the drive to see if it would read it, but it just asks me to put in a CD or DVD. I've scanned my computer a few times for viruses or other spyware that might be affecting the DVD drivers, but it comes up clean each time. I've also reinstalled the drivers for the CD/DVD drive, but that didn't change anything. I'm at a loss for whatever is wrong with it. I know it's not the DVD itself, because I've tried it on a friend's computer and my Xbox, and it reads just fine. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

EDIT - I just ran MSFixIt and it asked me to instert a "readable media into the CD/DVD drive". However, the disc is already in the drive. I know the disc I have been trying to use works because it works on other players. I tried another disc and the drive spins & makes a lot of noise. Afterwards, it still won't play it.

Answers

• HK53T
    HK53T Member Posts: 767 Die Hard WiFi Icon

sounds like the laser in the optical drive may have died and need new drive

This discussion has been closed.