x223w Native Resolution Problem

Options
Sideman
Sideman Member Posts: 1 New User

For the last couple of days, my x223w has decided not to display at the native resolution (1680x1050), and I now have to scroll the desktop left to right to see it all when set at this. (Currently running at 1400 x 1050 so as to fit screen).

Doing a bit of digging on the web, it would seem that for some reason, the DDC/EDID data is not being read by the display driver/Windows. 

Using Powerstrip's Monitor Information option, when I use the ''Read Data From Stored EDID', I get a message saying 'Valid EDID data could not be obtained from Windows or the display driver.

DDC is not supported.'

If I try the 'Read data directly from Monitor' the message says

'DDC communication with the monitor failed or is not supported. Reverting to EDID data provided by Windows or the display driver, if available.'

So at the moment, it's will only read the EDID data from the registry. (DDC/CI is set to on in on the monitor btw.)

Before I did the above, I had tried swapping VGA cables, GFX card outputs, reinstalled the display & GFX drivers (I used the official x223w monitor driver plus Windows default & Plug N' Play ones) and even disconnecting the monitor and starting the PC without it connected, and then reconnected it,  but none of these had any effect, and the problem remains. (I tried the monitor connected to a Win 7 laptop, and it worked fine at the native resolution).

OS is WinXP SP3, GFX card is Powercolour Radeon HD4850, with the latest drivers available from the AMD/ATI website.

I'd be grateful if anyone could find a solution for this, as everything was working fine at the native resolution a couple of days ago, and I'd like to get it sorted.

This discussion has been closed.