Why has Acer refused to honor their warranty? It's been 3 months, still waiting

Options
anitah1492
anitah1492 Member Posts: 4 New User

3 months ago I was having trouble getting into some websites. I called Acer's experienced technicians and they had me do something called a recovery. I had never heard of this until then. Anyway I asked how safe this was and if I needed to back anything up. I was assured, "Guaranteed safe" that this was not needed. So they sent me a link on how to do this and I followed their instructions to the letter. Well there was some kind of error in the operating system and I could NOT even boot up my computer.

I called them back right away and was told "oops" and that I would have to do a FULL system recovery and LOSE 3 MONTHS OF WORK including 5 books I was currently working on for some authors along with the ones I had finished not to mention other various work I need not mention here. I AM DISABLED AND DO THIS TO SUPLEMENT MY INCOME. When I told the person who answered the phone that this was not acceptable, that I could NOT AFFORD to lose 3 months of work I was told to call back the following Monday to speak to an upper level support person. I did this.

The upper level support told me that my computer was still under warranty as I bought it in Sept. and they would send me a shipping lable, expidited, so that I could get this repaired as they caused the problem. Eventually I spoke to a VERY RUDE coporate customer support person, actually this day 2 different ones. I was AGAIN told they would expidite a shipping lable to me. I did not have access to a computer to print this label up and because of my disability I am for the most part housebound. While I was speaking to the 2nd corparate customer support person when she told me basically, "too bhad so sad" routine I asked to speak to her supervisor. SHE TOLD ME THAT SHE DID NOT HAVE ONE AND IF I WANTED MY COMPUTER FIXED SHE COULD SEND ME A SHIPPING LABEL THAT DAY. I finally said fine as I NEED my computer, my NEW computer that ACER messed up. SHE TOLD ME TO CALL BACK IN A WEEK OR TWO IF I DID NOT GET THIS SHIPPING LABEL.

When I did not get the shipping lable I called back. I FOUND OUT THAT BECAUSE I REQUESTED TO SPEAK TO THIS PERSON'S SUPERVISOR MY SHIPPING LABEL WAS CANCELED. YET NO ONE THOUGHT TO TELL ME THIS. BY NOW I WAS WITHOUT A WORKING COMPUTER OVER 2 WEEKS! THIS WAS AFTER SEVERAL PEOPLE TOLD ME THAT THEY EXPIDITED A SHIPPING LABEL TO ME! So I had to go over the SAME routine with Larainne (SP). She assured and guarentted me that she was sending me a shipping label, expiditing it AGAIN, and to call back in a week if I did not get it. WE WENT THROUGH THIS ANOTHER 3-4 TIMES AND TO THIS DAY I AM STILL WAITING FOR THAT PHANTOM LABEL!

I finally had to pay someone to fix my computer BECAUSE ACER REFUSED TO HONOR THEIR WARRANTY AND FIX MY COMPUTER, MY COMPUTER THAT THEY BROKE!!!!

Is this how ACER does business? They ruin people's computers, string them along, LIE to them, etc to make money. This sure is a great way to make your money. IT IS A SAD DAY WHEN A COMPANY OF THIS SIZE HAS TO LIE TO CUSTOMERS TO MAKE A PROFFIT!

Could someone explain to me why I was lied to over and over and over? WHy was I discriminated against because of my disability? Was was I made fun of because of my disability???? WHY HAS ACER REFUSED TO HONOR THEIR WARRANTY, ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY WERE THE REASON MY COMPUTER WAS NOT WORKING? AND THEN I WAS TOLD I COULD NOT, NOT, NOT FILE A COMPLAINT! PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME THE WHYS OF ALL OF THIS!!!!

Answers

• Wally69
    Wally69 Member Posts: 16 New User
    Options

You have far more patience than I have.

My problem only happened last week and after two phone conversations I stepped away from Acer.

The first support technician did not want to have anything to do with my problem which was a cracked touch screen crystal.

He put me onto a case manager, the rudest service person I have ever come across.

She inferred that I smashed it after telling me that I had to pay $219.00 AUD to have it replaced.

I am disabled and couldn't pick it up or throw it around. I spend my time in a  large armchair or my bed and the laptop never leaves a trolley table that is wheeled between two rooms.

Iwill not argue with them, I have given all the details to my government's department of Fair Trading in a complaint and also to a section that looks into all Warranties.  

Save yourself a headache and let them handle your complaints.

If we  with don't do this they think they can get away with welching on their duty with Warrantless

Cheers

Wally69

• jozefrockz
    jozefrockz Member Posts: 20 New User
    Options

I'm sorry to hear all issues and incompetence illustrated on this thread but same goes with Acer here in the Philippines. I mean I was just there asking for battery information and they just told me to call acer support and I was huh? I'm already in an acer service center, I just needed further explanation about li-ion batteries ... and worst is I called support and I was put on hold for 1 hour until the phone gives up and disconnects the line.... 

Worst Customer service??? 

• Wally69
    Options

I thought I had better let you all know that I have some good news for you over my previous post.

You will recall that I gave up complaining to Acer over the cracked touch screen in my V5 Aspire and put my complaint in the hands of the Department of Fair Trading.

Five days later I received a phone call to tell me that Acer will be replacing my problem FREE Of CHARGE.

Needless to say  I am now extremely happy that Acer decided to do their duty.

What it means is ANY COMPANY, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO YOU ARE,

JUST HONOUR YOUR WARRANTY and you will always have a repeat customer. 

But when you try to cheat a customer you will be the one burnt.

Cheers
    Wally69

• Wally69
    Options

This tale just gets sillier & sillier. 

After receiving word that Acer were going to repair my touch screen free of charge they sent me a Consignment Label and Courier Manifest. The Courier was to pick it up on Wednesday the 7th of november. 

Today, Monday the 11th november, and still no sign of the Courier I rang Acer and surprise, surprise, they now claim they have no idea of what I'm talking about.  Why am I not surprised at the lengths this company will go to in dishonesty to avoid carrying out their duty in regards to their own warranty and protection plans.

The whole rotten business and all their offered paperwork is on the way to the department of Fair Trading to bolster their case.

Cheers

Geoff    

• Wally69
    Options

Another update on the saga over WARRANTY

If you have been watching to see how this pans out, well it looks like it just may end on a happy note.

I received a email inviting me to fill out a Survey on Acer. One that asked what your thoughts were on the different sections of Acer. 

Needless to say I gave them the lowest scores possible and where there was options to add why you gave those scores I did just that.

Within three hours I received a phone call from overseas, the caller had a very american accent and he wanted to know why I marked Acer so harshly. I told him my story of warranty problems and he was very apologetic and arranged to have my Laptop picked up. This has all been done. I now await it's return.

That survey worked wonders, in 3 hours it accomplished more than I had been able to do in 9 days.

The Survey for anyone in Australia  or New Zealand  is on these links below;  

Acer Australia:
    http://www.acer.com.au/ac/en/AU/content/service-contact 

Acer New Zealand:
    http://www.acer.co.nz/ac/en/NZ/content/service

Hope it works for you

Geoff

• Wally69
    Options

I hate to say this but Acer have done it again.

When Kelvin rang me to say that my Aspire V5 would be repaired free of any charge it seems like it was just another tongue in cheek promise.

They finally picked it up a week back but after ringing them today to see how long before I can expect to get it back I was told they have no records of any prior contact.

So, after all  the schemozle in the last three weeks I'm no further advanced.

Too anyone out there who are considering buying a notebook/laptop or any other product in this catagory DON'Teven CONSIDER Buying any ACER Product.

It's enough to make a grown man cry. 

Cheers

Geoff

• mazen
    mazen Member Posts: 57 New User
    Options

I said it before, do a return right away if the product still under return to store period.

acer do not care about customers here in canada or the U.S, they care about Money Only $$$$$$$$$

The best think is to get a extended warranty with return policy that is good for you not for acer.

i returned 3 acers because of the Tech support did not know about how to fix an issue with their computers HaHaHaHa this is funny how they have not the knowledge.

This discussion has been closed.