Bios update has ruined my daughter's Nitro AN515-43 laptop. Please assist in fixing it.

liamo900000
liamo900000 Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 2:59AM in Nitro Gaming

My daughter has been using this laptop for aprox 2 years, and  upgraded the Bios to the latest version from Acer - 1.12 - Since then the laptop has been effectively unusable. It is now entirely slow, frequently stalls doing even modest tasks. I have researched this online, and it seems there is a known issue with the latest Bioses for this model.

Model: Nitro AN515-43

I cannot find anyway to downgrade this back to the previous version. The software will not allow it. The bios update was conducted as part of Microsoft Update and was successfully performed but i can find no acceptable way to fix this issue. Please Assist if u can.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,910 Trailblazer

The last Insyde bios v1.12 has nothing to do with the last Win-10 Version 22H2 that you should have installed on the Nitro AN515-43 laptop, as it only affects the Win-10 20H2 version so it shouldn't have done anything to your Nitro laptops OS.

Acer bios versions can't be rolled back on the Nitro AN515-43 laptop. I suggest that you do a Clean Install of the Win-10 version 22H2 with the Create Windows 10 installation media and with rufus 4.5 guide, then download all its updates, as there could be some drivers that are corrupted by the 20H2 v1.12 bios update and need to be reinstalled that will fix your laptops performance. Also install the NVidia GeForce Experience software and do a driver scan for the gpu and always play all the games through this software. As doing all this will reset your laptop to perform at its best. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍