acer aspire e1-731-4699 unknown bios password and op password

oldfart2
oldfart2 Member Posts: 11 New User
edited 2:52AM in Aspire Laptops

the computer sat at my fathers house for two years. he got it from a church two years ago. it asks for a bios password and and operating system password it has win vista on it. nobody alive knows the passwords how do i get past the passwords?

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,759 Trailblazer
    edited 4:41AM

Hi, can't be done, the only way is to flash BIOS and clean install Windows7 with a USB flash drive (or buy Windows10). I recommend taking the laptop to a reputable PC repair shop to do this.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,910 Trailblazer
    edited 6:52AM

The Aspire E1-731 is a 2013 model laptop and was installed with the Win-8 or 8.1 OS oem from Acer and not with Vista or XP, it can also run Win-10 which you have to buy and install onto this laptop as the free upgrades from Win-8 are not valid anymore from Microsoft.

For the bios, search You Tube (sorry I can't give you the link as its forbidden on this community to give guides on any bios passwords hacks) so search as its on You Tube for the Acer bios passwords guides, as that is all that I can give you.

If you are going to use this laptop, first upgrade the mechanical 2.5" HDD to a 2.5" SATA SSD (as that will speed this laptop up by at least 100%) and upgrade the ram to a total of 4 GB @ DDR3-1600MT/s 1.5V or DDR3L-1600MT/s 1.2V type ram @ 2x 2GB modules into this laptops 2x ram slots (see ram type below) as doing this will make this laptop quite a useful Win-10 web browser laptop, it won't be a top of the range speed type laptop but for about USD $80.00 you could get this laptop working with a 500GB 2.5" SSD, 4GB RAM and Win-10 OS. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍