Niro 5 not charging, bought new charger but using the new charger it did not work

Aqua_A
Aqua_A Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 26 in Nitro Gaming

I dropped my Nitro 5 a while back and it was not charging so I ordered a new charger. The new charger arrived but it is still not charging. However when I bend the charger it starts charging again sometimes. How can i fix this?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,766 Trailblazer

Hi, it sounds like the DC port got busted when you dropped the laptop, I recommend taking the laptop to Acer Services in your country to replace that socket, this is not an expensive item, but it is soldered and requires a technician. Bring you power adapter too to check if it has the correct pin size and Watt for the new DC socket.

• Aqua_A
    Aqua_A Member Posts: 3 New User

Okay, thank you, Why when i bend it does it start charging again though?

• Diya1811
    Diya1811 Member Posts: 64 Devotee WiFi Icon

@Aqua_A

1. Open Device Manager by searching for it or by right clicking the Start button and selecting Device  Manager.
    2. Expand the "Batteries" section. You should see two items: Microsoft AC Adapter and Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.
    3. Right click on each item and select "Uninstall device." Don't worry; this uninstalls your laptop's battery drivers, but they will automatically reinstall when you restart your laptop.
    4. Shut down your laptop.
    5. Unplug the power cable from your laptop.
    6. If your laptop has a removable battery, remove it. If not, you might need to remove the bottom panel  and disconnect the battery from the motherboard.
    7. Reinsert the battery if you removed it.
    8. Plug in your laptop.
    9. Power on your laptop.
    10. Click the battery icon in the system tray; your laptop should now show that it is plugged in and charging.

Hope this helps!

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question or Click on "Like" if you find my answer helpful

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 700

Also check below troubleshooting steps:-

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-fix-a-windows-10-laptop-thats-plugged-in-but-isnt-charging/

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,911 Trailblazer

Which Nitro 5 model do you have, like AN515-xx? Check the DC_IN charging port of your Nitro laptop, as these ports have a pin that is springy and its the negative part of the port, this springy pin keeps the barrel plug tightly secured in the port so that the plug has a negative contact, and that pin must have been bent inwards and its not making full contact with the side of the adapter barrel plug and the charging phase is missing its negative contact. Get a toothpick and try and pry that pin inwards so that it makes contact with the adapter barrel pug or if its broken, you will need to replace the DC_IN port of your laptop.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍