Question about Acer Nitro N50-656 BIOS Update version 1.04 and Intel microcode patch

Kahlua
Kahlua Member Posts: 2 New User

Regarding the Intel microcode patch for 13th and 14th generation Intel desktop CPUs, the following article shows that the new BIOS version 1.04 was to be released for the Acer Nitro N50-656 on 10/4/2024.

https://community.acer.com/en/kb/articles/17446-two-year-extended-warranty-on-13th-and-14th-generation-intel-core-desktop-cpus?utm_source=community-search&utm_medium=organic-search&utm_term=intel+13th+and+14th+generation+issue

In the BIOS update section for the N50-656 the latest version 1.04 is indeed listed but the description is "Update Usb module change to v31." Since there is no mention of the Intel microcode patch in the description, I am wondering if this BIOS version does in fact have the new microcode. And if so, is it the microcode version 0x129 or the latest version 0x12B?

I also have a question about the BIOS update procedure, which is in the Appendix folder of the extracted download. Section 1.2 says "Copy "UCP" folders including files to a storage device". Well there is no UCP folder, only the executable file and the ROM folder. Can I just skip this step and run the executable directly from Windows without copying anything to usb?