HDMI and graphic card crash issues Swift SFG14-41

HydroVISTA
HydroVISTA Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited 7:14AM in Swift and Spin Series

I am experiencing multiple issues with my Acer Swift SFG14-41 laptop, and I would appreciate your assistance.

1. HDMI Port Issues: From the very beginning, I have noticed that older HDMI cables often display distorted images (e.g., pixelated or flickering screens) when connected to an external monitor. Newer cables seem to work better, but sometimes there are still graphical glitches. To avoid this, I’ve been using a USB-C adapter to transfer the image, which works without any issues.
  2. Graphics Issues and Crashes: Recently, while using the laptop for intensive tasks (with the laptop plugged into a charger and possibly overheating), the external monitor screen turns green, and the laptop display gets completely distorted, after which the system crashes and turns off. Upon restarting, I noticed that the graphics card driver was disabled in Device Manager.

Given the symptoms—HDMI port issues, graphical glitches, and overheating followed by the disabling of the graphics driver—do you believe this is a hardware issue with the GPU or HDMI port, or could it be related to a driver/software conflict? Additionally, is there any recommended solution for these problems?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Answers