Charge is not increasing despite plugged in nitro anv15-51

abdul_aziz_200
abdul_aziz_200 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited 10:59AM in Nitro Gaming

I am using Acer Nitro v15 anv15-51. It is connected to the charger the charge indicator light turns on and the battery shows that it is charging. But the charge is not increasing. The battery is draining as normal. I have tried every solution in internet. Even hard reset the battery. But nothing is working.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,688 Trailblazer
    edited October 24

Hi, I don't know what Windows version you have installed is this Windows10 22H2 insider? This is a W11 23H2 machine.

The battery is not draining as normal, the drainage profile on the report is blank and Modern Standby is not supported by the battery:

I recommend that you update BIOS to last week's released version 1.18 dated 2024/10/15 and reset your Power Plan to factory default in "Edit Power Plan", then open Device Manager and uninstall the two battery drivers (see picture) and reboot:

Windows just released a fix for battery issues for Windows11 23H2: KB5044380 22 October2024, Battery use fixed: "A device uses too much battery power while the device is in Modern Standby", try click on "Check for updates" and if you get that update for your Windows version install that. If you keep getting the charging problem, bring the laptop to Acer Services, your warranty on the battery may still be valid (October 2023?). Ask them to reset the system to factory default with OEM Windows11 23H2.

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 665

Please try below troubleshooting steps:-

• Open the Device Manager by searching for it or right-clicking the Start button and selecting Device Manager.
    • Click Batteries on the list to expand it and you should see two items: Microsoft AC Adapter and Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.
    • Right-click ON EACH ITEM (BOTH) and choose Uninstall device. Yes, you are uninstalling your laptop's battery drivers, but don't worry because they will automatically be reinstalled when you restart your laptop.
    • Shut down your laptop.
    • Unplug the power cable from your laptop.
    • If your laptop has a removable battery, remove it. My laptop does not have a removable battery. I tried skipping this step but it didn't work, so I removed the bottom panel of my laptop and then removed the battery by disconnecting it from the motherboard.
    • Put the battery back in if you removed it.
    • Plug in your laptop.
    • Power on your laptop.
    • Click the battery icon in the system tray and you should see that your laptop is plugged in and charging.

—————————————————————————————-

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful.

• abdul_aziz_200

@Puraw

I have updated the bios and updated the windows but still it's not working.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,688 Trailblazer

Hi, I recommend bringing the laptop to Acer Services, this may well be a hardware problem with the power rail or DC socket, include the power adapter.

• abdul_aziz_200

@Puraw Does acer have official Service center in Bangladesh?