My Acer Predator Helios 300(PH315-54) is having freezing issue and BSOD issue

Deutan19
Deutan19 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited 3:09AM in Predator Laptops

I am facing freezing issue and BSOD issue since one month in my Acer Predator Helios 300(PH315-54). Not sure whether it is happening due to 24H2. I have applied following methods to resolve,
- Formatted multiple times with different version of Win 11
- Clean Format
- Factory Reset
- Driver fix via DDU
- Downloaded and install the latest Nvidia driver, also tested with old driver setup

So this issue has 2 scenarios,

Scenario1: When Graphic Card is available

System get unstable mostly this time, frequent freezing issues and BSOD errors happen. Sometime system get stable for normal use, then connecting the adaptor disturb the stability and again cause the freezing and BSOD errors.

Scenario 2: When Graphic Card is unavailable

System is stable mostly in this state. Browsing and other apps like photoshop also work in this state. But connecting the adaptors hinder the stability and again cause the freezing and BSOD.

**Sometime freezing happened on BIOS as well, sometimes freezing happen on windows loading or login page**

Common BSOD Errors:

VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR(most common)

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION(some other watchdog errors)

Timeout Errors

System Configuration:

Acer Predator Helios 300(PH315-54)

Windows Laptop Win11 24H2

Part Number: NH.QC5SI.006

Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz(Octa Core)

Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 3050Ti 4GB GDDR6

Installed RAM 16.0 GB

Attaching the files from Minidump for the BSOD insights.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,872 Trailblazer
    edited 2:11AM

Do a hard reset of the laptop as its probably the EC chip that is freezing and/or the EC chips programing is corrupted and needs resetting, otherwise you need to take you laptop to a technician so they can analyze your laptop and pin point the exact fault as it could be the NVidia gpu that could be fried and needs disengaging so that you can use the cpu graphics etc. Good luck.

Hard Reset: Remove the eleven (11) screws securing the lower case to the upper case, starting from the upper side, pry to release the upper side latches, continue releasing the remaining latches. Then remove the lower case then take the main battery out and disconnect the RTC/BIOS battery, then short the RTC/BIOS batteries + & - pins at the mainboard plug and take the ram out, leave the laptop like that for a min of 15 min (preferably overnight) and then reconnect everything.

When reconnecting everything back, and if you have 2x ram modules only connect 1x ram module first and alternate the ram to see if the ram is not the issue of the laptop BSOD problems.

PH315-54 RTC battery and plug

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍