Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52-512 new battery became useless.

Bischu7
Bischu7 Member Posts: 2 New User

I've changed my old laptop battery for a new one 6 months ago since the old one couldn't hold charge for more than a few seconds and my turbo boost was not working because of it.

3 months prior to that the new battery already seemed to be losing capacity fast.

Now, as soon as I unplug the charger the battery will go from 100% to almost 5% in a matter of seconds and the laptop will shut down.

I've tried discharging residual charge by holding the power button down for 15 sec with the charger out, I also tried the battery pinhole in the back of the laptop and at last I tried to uninstall the battery driver from device manager and restarting the laptop.

Nothing has worked so far.

Not even the full charge capacity is real since is turns off in a few seconds if I unplug the charger.

I would like any other ideas that might help me. Or any confirmation the batteries for this model are just really poorly made.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,840 Trailblazer

Sorry. The new battery seems to be defective. Probably had been sitting on a shelf uncharged for several years before being sold.

Jack E/NJ