New Backlight Keyboard Installed but Key assignments aren't compatible on Aspire a315 56

PidgeonsKnee
PidgeonsKnee Member Posts: 2 New User
edited 2:05AM in Aspire Laptops

So, my keyboard died and i ordered new one with backlight.

My laptop has jbl input port for the ribbon and when i turn laptop on keyboard flashes for a second so i am sure it will work.

But,

Layout is the same as the old keyboard so none of the actions from new keyboard are compatible, and most important i cant turn on the backlight because f8 is assigned to volume, not keyboard.

Is there a way to reconfigure whole keyboard to get it to normal key assignments?

Power tools seems similar but there is no backlight option as much as i saw.

Tgank you

[Edited the thread to add issue detail to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,859 Trailblazer

These are the hotkeys for the Aspire A315-56 model laptop below. There are no guides on assigning any keys to the keyboard backlight and if you bought a none oem keyboard you might have problems with the backlight, as the Acer oem keyboard is a combined unit that is sold with the upper case which there are many version in many different languages and Acer part numbers. If you want the exact language for your oem Acer upper case and keyboard give us your language and we will give you the exact Acer part number. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

Aspire A315-56 Upper Case & Keyboard and oem Hotkeys

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• PidgeonsKnee
    PidgeonsKnee Member Posts: 2 New User

New one inside laptop, different layouts but that doesnt matter.

What matters is locations of hotkeys.

I need a way to reprogram it because the backlight is turned on by the motherboard/bios. In my head there has to be some kind of bios update to make laptop think that he has a keyboard he has or to kake laptop think the keys are doing what i tell him to do.