ConceptD 7 Spatial Labs Edition - too stiff display hinges - any way to loose them up?

IvanDiego
IvanDiego Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello to everyone!

in June I bought an Acer ConceptD 7 CN715-73G Spatial Labs Edition in Netherlands (I'm from Croatia) and so far Im really satisfied with a product. But I have one concern regarding hinges holding diplay attached to body of the laptop.
Well it feels like hinges are too tight when I try to open up, to the point I have to use both hands to open up. Its needless to say how ConceptD is heavy beast and you can still lift base of the laptop up while opening the lid. Moreover, althouh body and lid is made out of magnesium alloy, aim sure inside where hinges are screwed in are made out of plastic and it is matter of time when this whill get ripped apart due to tension of hinges. You can hear some tension/cracking sounds when opening a lid.

So, my question is… Is there any chance I can take of the hinge covers without breaking them so I can try to loose an adjusment screws on hinges? See the pictures under….

I assume I have to pry something to take those covers, but since there are no any service manuals available to see the right way of taking those plastic covers off, I'm afraid of breaking them off with using just a brute force... And since those covers are at the same time bottom feet for the laptop, I should be extra careful.

BTW As I can see those covers are there not attached to inner display bezel, to its a good thing, much easier to taking just those covers and not the whole thing.

So, does anyone have any idea or experience how to do it?

Thank you very much for the help! ☺️