Install of ram was good until I turned on XMP. Predator PO5-655

d0gg
d0gg Member Posts: 2 New User

I installed 4 DIMMs of Crucial DDR5 into my Predator.

Crucial - Pro Overclocking 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 6000MHz C36 UDIMM Desktop Memory -
Model:CP2K16G60C36U5B (This was the model that was recommended at the crucial website for the PO5-655)

Started up with no issue.

Loaded into Bios. It recognized the 64GB of ram. Then I went in the advanced settings and turned on the XMP and saved and exited.

On the restart it started a constant beep that never stops.

Help. I'm not sure what to do to get out of this.

Answers

• d0gg
    d0gg Member Posts: 2 New User

update.

I am back to working again.

the way that I fixed it was I removed video card and pulled the CMOS battery to reset the bios. It allowed me to go back in and everything was fully functional again so it was an issue with that bio setting.

now my next question is, how do I actually set it up so that I can use the Intel XMP setting?

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,607 Trailblazer

It takes a while for the RAM controller to train overclocking, give it 5 minutes or more.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,832 Trailblazer

First make sure that you have the last bios version 1.04 installed for the PO5-655 desktops. The PO5-655 has two different oem cpu's of the following max and recommended Intel memory specs:

• The i5-14400 cpu can operate with a max specified Memory Types of Up to DDR5 4800 MT/s or Up to DDR4 3200 MT/s
    • The i7-14700 cpu can operate with a max specified Memory Types of Up to DDR5 5600 MT/s or Up to DDR4 3200 MT/s

The Crucial DDR5 6000MHz C36 UDIMM speed ram might just work with the PO5-655 but it definitely will not work when you overclock it to a faster speed which the cpu is not designed to do and be at, as that is where you are having the problems. If the DDR5 6000MHz C36 UDIMM works without the XMP overclock DO NOT use the XMP setting in the bios, as a working DDR5-6000MT/s is like overclocking a DDR-5600MT/s anyway with the i7-14700 cpu. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

This is the listed ram for the PO5-655 from Acer in its service guide, it does not have DDR5-5600MT/s type ram and especially does not recommend the DDR5-6000MT/s type ram.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍